Have you cruised on both Voyager and Explorer?

If so, are they identical? From everything I have found on the web they appear to be (same size, layout, etc) the only difference I see is the names of the bars, dining rooms, etc.

We cruised on Voyager last Oct/Nov and are thinking about going on Explorer this fall-just wondered if we will feel at home!

Thanks

Ditto! I've sailed on both and they are nearly identical except for decor (which is pretty similar too). Explorer does have the atmospheric science labs onboard which are sort of interesting. There are some interactive science displays on deck 3. Other than that, I'd say both ships are the same. I love them both!!! In fact, I will be returning to Explorer for the third time in a little over a week!

Voyager has a chandelier in the dining room, Explorer does not. Voyager has the infamous waterfall in the men's room, Explorer does not. Other than that, the same ship.

LOL, waterfall????:confused:

Is that to help you along with 'getting the urge' to pee?

:D

LOL, waterfall????:confused: Is that to help you along with 'getting the urge' to pee? :D

The urinal is actually configured as a waterfall that continuosly flushes everything away. I guess you sort of have to see it to understand. Next time I'm on Voyager I'll have to take a picture when the bathroom is empty.

My ds(12) says he likes the Voyager better. But could be because our Voyager cruise was 9 days v. 5 days for the Explorer. He didn't turn down a 5-day on the Explorer to Bermuda though. Really wanted to go on the Freedom this Aug, but I think it's 3x the price of the deal we got for the $199 3/4 on the Mariner. Haven't been on the Mariner, but looking forward to it.

Archived