On board booking benefits

I know this has been discussed before but I am having trouble using the search feature on this board.

I am interested in a brief summary of benefits for booking on board. I know there are room credits (how much do you get) and are there any discounts? We will be cruising in August and may be interested in booking a 9 night for August 07.

Thanks for your help.

No discounts, just a credit to use onboard the future cruise. For a 7 day cruise you get $100 per cabin. For a cruise of 10 days or longer you get $200 per cabin. That being said, they sometimes give the $200 credit for cruises of 9 days.

The only benefit (and I think a good one) is an onboard credit for the cruise you book. There are no discounts for booking onboard, however if you are Platinum or Diamond and above you can get a discount for booking a balcony or a suite.

Thanks for the responses. We become platnium with the cruise we are on in Aug 06. If we book on said cruise, will will be eligible for discounts on balcony or suite and if so what is the discount.

Thanks again, Jodie

Jodie, you will not get that discount immediately if you book onboard a cruise in which you become Platinum. Book your next cruise, wait a few weeks until you know your Platinum upgrade has be confirmed and then call RCI to get the discount. Piece of cake!

Archived