Serenade On Sea Day

I've Read That You Get Great Views Of All The Islands When Sailing On The Serenade. My Question Is Which Side, Starboard Or Port Gets The View Of All The Islands On The Sea Day, When Returning To San Jaun ? We Have A Balcony, Which I Spend A Lot Of Time On, So I Want To Plan When I'll Get This Great View. Thanks

You can see them the best from the Starboard Side, IMO. Keep in mind though that the captain did 360's at the Pitons leaving St Lucia and at Monserrat so the whole ship sees everything first hand. The at sea day we saw....going by memory here.... I think...St Kitts.... Nueves ( spelling ) We stopped at St Croix to refuel the one night too. We could get off and see St Croix for about 2hrs. We did the Serenade in March. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

When coming back to San Juan we always just stand on the jogging deck and run back and forth side to side whichever looks more interesting. When we left St Lucia in Dec you had the pitons on one side and the setting sun on the other followed by the rising moon. No way you can get all that from the limited perspective of a small balcony cabin.;)

After you see those islands, go up to the heliport to see Saba, which can only be seen from the port side.

We love the Serenade! Have fun planning!

Oops, I meant helipad. You can get there from deck five, outside, clear to the front. If you go there, you won't have to go jogging from side to side - I am in to conservation of energy :eek: .

We sailed Serenade last Nov.

We lucked out as we were "exploring" parts of the ship we previously did not have time to (this itinerary is port intensive !) and ended up on the Helipad as we were coming up on Montserrat. We were the only ones there and got the very pointy end of the bow..... (like in Titanic :D ) anyway we had brought our binoculars (small travel kind) and WOW did we get a view for about 1 to 1-1/2 hrs.... The captain steered the ship like it was going to run right into the island and then veered off to the left. We went right by and he slowed down. We could see all the empty buildings half full of ash and lava flow.... it was eerie.... the dark windows looked like eyes staring back at me through the binoculars....

St. Kitts, Nevis and others are nice too but Montserrat will always stick in my mind....

Thanks For All The Responses. We Have An Os On The Port Side Of The Ship So I Guess I'll Have To Be Up On Deck To See Everything. Thanks Again!
On Wednesday evening, be sure to be on the starboard side as you pass Monserrat. On our cruise at about 8 p.m. that day, Monserrat had a big lava flow, and those of us on the other side didn't see it!

On the main deck (with the lifeboats above you), head towards the front of the ship. There's a stairwell that will head down, walk a few feet & then up a stairwell. That will bring you to the helicopter pad which is pretty much always open. Deck 5 I think?

Surprisingly, for whatever reason, alot of people didn't go on it during our cruise & many people didn't even know how to get there. People that were there did the "King of the World" thing. Probably makes the Captain & crew roll their eyes each time, but its amusing to see.

We tried to get to the front of the ship on the jogging deck. That way you can see the direct approach to Monserrat as well as the sun, moon and the Pitons and whatever else is there. The Captain stopped at the Pitons as the sun set and moon rose and I have wide shots on the port side, of the Pitons and the moon and the ship superstructure all in the same picture against the dark blue of the sky, still lit a little from the sunset on the starboard side. Have to have freedom of movement to get these shots.

Archived