What's the best thing to do in Mazatlan?

SaxonDiver

DW and I were on the Sapphire Princess last November and loved the Sierra Madre Tour in Mazatlan. It was a full day tour, but we felt it was worth it! You go way up in the mountains and see the real Mexico. Although we have not done them, I continue to see positive reviews of Randi's Happy Horses and Mazatlan Frank is suppose to give an awesome tour. We will probably do one of those with our DDs when we go on the Vision Thanksgiving week 2007.

Pretty loaded question... what do you like to do? When we were in Maz in 2004, we rode with Randi http://www.randishappyhorses.com - When we return in January, we will be riding with Randi in the morning and touring with Frank in the afternoon. If you want to tour, then Frank is the man... http://www.mazatlan-frank.com/

I am sure you can find all sorts of ideas on here... but most will probably mention either Randi or Frank. ;) Enjoy Vision - we were on her sister, the Legend when we did this itinerary in 2004. Great ship!

We also like Randi's! Nice leisurely ride along the beach, and then hanging out on a nice beach drinking beer (or fruit smoothies!) and eating garlic shrimp, ribs, coconut shrimp, onion rings etc - Ahhhhhhh.... the good life! ;)

Sqaxon - I'm just back from the carnival Pride and Mazatlan was one of our best stops thanks to Randi at Randi's Happy Horses. The ride was wonderful. Randi meets you right where the tram lets you off at the ship, takes you by open air taxi to a boat wnere you go over to Stone Island. There you tractor over to a wonderful families home (farm), where we met the family, chickens and the new foal. My DD (8 yrs old) had never riden a horse before and after about 15 minutes was trotting down the beach. It was great, not a controlled, single file, stay in line type ride. Everyone got to go at their own pace.

We ended at a beach-side restaurant called Victor's. It was the best food I had on the entire trip (get the shrimp shish kabob).

Randi is from northern California and understand how to run a business, knows that we on cruises have a time limit and understands that safety comes first.

I highly recommend Randi's Happy Horses - it was the best excersion we did on the entire trip. You can google her company namr to get to her website.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Strongly suggest you hire Mazatlan Frank and take one of his tours if he isn't booked already.........best tour we had on our Mexican Riviera cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty loaded question... what do you like to do? When we were in Maz in 2004, we rode with Randi www.randishappyhorses.com - When we return in January, we will be riding with Randi in the morning and touring with Frank in the afternoon. If you want to tour, then Frank is the man... http://www.mazatlan-frank.com/

I am sure you can find all sorts of ideas on here... but most will probably mention either Randi or Frank. ;) Enjoy Vision - we were on her sister, the Legend when we did this itinerary in 2004. Great ship!

You Can't go wrong with Randi or Frank. I' m doing Randi 12/4/06:) Becky has a date at Victor's for BBQ Shrimp and a Swim.

David

Archived