PV, Maz and Cabo

cwhitmore

Okay, I just spent 20 minutes on a post that was lost. Here we go again.

PV - Very hot and humid, but lots of vegitation and jungle. On the recommendation of some people in this group I visited with PVPam (pmt@prodigy.net.mx). (what a nice lady)

We didn't have anything planned while in PV so we just wanted to explore. Pam gave me a map with several places to visit. On her recommendation we took the bus downtown and shopped there for about an hour. Then we grabbed a cab and negotiated a flat price of $60 for a tour of the city. Rigoberto took us to some very interesting places and told us about some of the cities history. (not your typical cab driver). He was very pleasant and honest. His email is kiaryg@yahoo.com.mix and his cell is 044-322-42-9-05-62. His card says to call at night.

Maz - Dry, but not as humid. We took the advise of so many other people on this board and booked a horseback ride on the beach with Randi's group. You can make a reservation online at http://www.mazinfo.com/horsebackride/

They have horses for all levels so everyone had a great time. As one man said, "I got to fulfill two dreams; ride a horse on the beach and ride a horse on the beach as fast as I wanted to go". I will say that after you're done riding and waiting for your lunch to come out (service was slow), you should cool off by jumping into the water. My daughter got overheated and threw up her lunch. Other then that it was a fun time.

Cabo - Much more clean and Americanized. I really wanted to go snorkeling, but my daughter is afraid of sharks so we ended up shopping at the port. There were lots of places to eat and stores to buy just about anything. They even have a mall at the marina. I will say that I had the best chicken wrap I've ever had. It had some type of pecan sauce on it (sounds gross, but it was awesome).

Okay, hope this post saves this time.

Carlton.

Archived