Just off the 6/11 Spirit - review

hods93

Hods93-

Thanks for your reply...we will be in room 10500. I just found out that it has no bar area and no furniture on the balcony due to the wind. Also, my husband can't believe that we can't even bring liquor on board or get a free set up. Unfortunately, we got spoiled by Celebrity last year. We had an amazing cabin, butler, and we were truly treated specially-when we pay A LOT for a room, we do expect a certain level of service, you know?

Our room steward was telling us that she much preferred the side AC's to the AB's on the bow for the reasons you mentioned. I can only speak for myself but I would consider moving to the side AC's.

We had a beautiful bar area. On the balcony we had a wood lounge chair, a wood table (although very worn) and a wood bench. It was nice. We ordered a bar setup, a bottle of Absolut around $47 and some sodas.

I was spoiled with the conceirge Lisa. She really catered to my every whim. The butler good - but what can I say? Did everything we asked but didnt make us feel spoiled.

Hods93, do you remember which nights they offered half price specials and for which restaurants?

Hi Maryfrei, I looked at all the dailies. On Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday it was 50% off at Shogun and Le Bistro for the 5:30 and 6 seatings. It does not apply to a-la-carte items and reservations are required.

Could Someone check and let me know what is happening on the ship the day of GSC? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi: Bridge at 10:45; Roman spa treatments; Walk a mile with fitness instructor; movie at 11 a.m.; morning trivia at 11:30; crafts at 1 p.m.; water volleyball; Mr. Sexy legs contest. Thats it.

Hi gigi and hods.. this is nyjean nice to meet you at the cc meeting...we also got sick!! on friday morning I woke up with a terrible headache and stomach pains...yesterday my brother started complaining about stomach pains and today I had to get my dd from school early from headache and upset stomach!! It obviously wasn't food poisoning it was some virus! we met a couple at embarkation and later that night we saw the husband and he said his wife was sick with some stomach thing I think she was a school teacher so there were all different times of this thing striking people! we never had fevers though.. hope you guys had fun! we did! bye Jean

Hi Maryfrei, I looked at all the dailies. On Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday it was 50% off at Shogun and Le Bistro for the 5:30 and 6 seatings. It does not apply to a-la-carte items and reservations are required.

Thanks so much for looking that up hods93:)!

Hi gigi and hods.. this is nyjean nice to meet you at the cc meeting...we also got sick!! on friday morning I woke up with a terrible headache and stomach pains...yesterday my brother started complaining about stomach pains and today I had to get my dd from school early from headache and upset stomach!! It obviously wasn't food poisoning it was some virus! we met a couple at embarkation and later that night we saw the husband and he said his wife was sick with some stomach thing I think she was a school teacher so there were all different times of this thing striking people! we never had fevers though.. hope you guys had fun! we did! bye Jean

Hi NYJean, it was great meeting you. Every time I saw you it seemed you were having fun!!! No stomach thing with us but I'll tell you today I have a major sore throat. I feel like I cant even swallow! Who knows...take care jean

tell me how your kids enjoyed this cruise.

my boys will be going in july and i am wondering what they do all day.

The kids had a great time. None of them did kids club. My son brought his cousin. My son will be 13 in two weeks and his cousin is 12. My daughter is 5.

Most of the time they spent at the kids pool. My daughter really loved it and so did the boys.

I hear really good things about the kids club. My kids just chose not to participate. The arcade is really big and the boys spent time in there. Some of the games wer 25 cents so they liked that (so did we). Between ports and swimming there was not a lot of extra time.

In the evenings after dinner the boys walked around, did the arcade or went to the shows with us. They had to be in by 10.

All three had an excellent time.

Hi: Bridge at 10:45; Roman spa treatments; Walk a mile with fitness instructor; movie at 11 a.m.; morning trivia at 11:30; crafts at 1 p.m.; water volleyball; Mr. Sexy legs contest. Thats it.

I was afraid of that. I really don't like the NYC itineraries. But I knew that going in. This cruise is to experience the Spirit and sounds like that might be all we will do. lol

Hi Judy,

Don't worry. I am sure you are going to love your cruise especially if you meet your fellow CC friends. It was so much fun with you and the others last year.

Relax and enjoy yourself,

Jeanne

I was afraid of that. I really don't like the NYC itineraries. But I knew that going in. This cruise is to experience the Spirit and sounds like that might be all we will do. lol

Judyf, honestly we did not really participate in any organized activities. I just really enjoyed this ship. It is beautiful. We spent time as a family at the pool, eating etc. I'm not much for the organized stuff. If you going just to experience the ship - you wont be disappointed!! Have a great time (wish I was going again too).

Hi Jean,

We also got sick. I started first, maybe Tues night...horrible headache...terrible stomach pains...and yes .."The dreaded RUNS"...from Wed until ...well still! My husband started on thrusday. My son started last night will horrible pains and barely making it to the bathroom on time. And for a three year old that terrible. So far my daughter hasn't had any symptoms yet. I know where every bathroom on the ship is!!!

Still don't know if it was something I ate or some kind of GI flu.

My husband had the same thing happen to him when we were in Jamaica...two weeks later before his symptoms stopped. Hope everyone is feeling better. Tell Roya ...Rachel said HI.

Hi Jean,

We also got sick. I started first, maybe Tues night...horrible headache...terrible stomach pains...and yes .."The dreaded RUNS"...from Wed until ...well still! My husband started on thrusday. My son started last night will horrible pains and barely making it to the bathroom on time. And for a three year old that terrible. So far my daughter hasn't had any symptoms yet. I know where every bathroom on the ship is!!!

Still don't know if it was something I ate or some kind of GI flu.

My husband had the same thing happen to him when we were in Jamaica...two weeks later before his symptoms stopped. Hope everyone is feeling better. Tell Roya ...Rachel said HI.

Hi Hods,

I'm glad you were able to do the pontoon boat, the weather did look ify for a while. We enjoyed the cruise as well. Even with Alberto around that was my smoothest cruise so far. Oh well back to the real world now, at least until October.

We were lucky that we never really had to wait long to get seated in Windows or the Garden Room. But you wait for your drink, you wait for that pot of water for tea and you wait for dessert the real bummer is waiting for toast and your egg is iced cold when you finally get it. Glad to finally see someone else had a problem with those baby shrimp - NCL should be embarrassed to pass them off as a shrimp cocktail.

Hi 4newcruisers... hope you and your family are feeling better.. Roya says hi to rachel.. I know they both loved the children's program.. we are finally getting over the stomach bug thing.. there is no way this was food poisoning we all ate different things infact Roya ate nothing but chicken nuggets and peanut butter sandwiches... it was nice seeing you all.. and Hods yes I was having fun!! I loved maharinis!! but the best things were the beach days and we were so lucky to have such beautiful weather in the bahamas !! Jean

Hi NYJean, it was great meeting you. Every time I saw you it seemed you were having fun!!! No stomach thing with us but I'll tell you today I have a major sore throat. I feel like I cant even swallow! Who knows...take care jean

Check for STREP...my son culture was positive. It was on the Spirit that week. Take Care

Hi 4newcruisers... hope you and your family are feeling better.. Roya says hi to rachel.. I know they both loved the children's program.. we are finally getting over the stomach bug thing.. there is no way this was food poisoning we all ate different things infact Roya ate nothing but chicken nuggets and peanut butter sandwiches... it was nice seeing you all.. and Hods yes I was having fun!! I loved maharinis!! but the best things were the beach days and we were so lucky to have such beautiful weather in the bahamas !! Jean

I agree..maybe there was some cases with the salmon...but I think our family just picked up some of those wonderful viruses cruising that week on the spirit.

Take care.

Hey I spoke way too soon... Roya has been battling this headache thing all week and very grouchy then suddenly on friday she says the house is moving like the ship did... I took her in to the doctor and she had a fever of 103!! she was up with it all night... funny the doctor didn't find any ear, throat or nose problem and she hasn't had GI symptoms (except tummy aches and no appetite) if it doesn't go away by tomorrow I'll get her strep tested sometimes it doesn't go to the throat ... she has had severe body and joint pain.. so it could be strep or that stupid virus just not going away... this has influenced my whole opinion of the cruise!!! it doesn't seem so nice anymore.. do you think your son got the strep from the kids center?? I bet from that ball pit! well thanks for the heads up...good luck to you too jean

• 5 months later...

Archived