Decisions .... Decisions?!?!?

KCfan

This will be our first trip to Alaska and I am overwhelmed with all the choices I have. Looking to go in June or August '07

How do you ever decide?!?! :eek:

Which cruise line is going to be best for my 23yr old son and his 21yr old girlfriend?? I dont want them to be board.

My husband and I have travelled with Carnival to the Carribean. There were quite a few younger people on those cruises. Is it the same for Alaska?

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated!! :)

Linda

Alaska cruises seem to be getting much more diverse in the ages of their population recently and the ships seem to be responding with more activities geared to kids and families.

Your best bet is to get online and check out the various cruise sites and see what they offer and what best appeals to you.

Yes certainly, over the past 5 years, the ages of Alaska visitors has significantly dropped. But all lines basically have similar passenger demographic, middle aged and above the majority, including Carnival.

I think Carnival does a great job in Alaska. BUT if you are looking at a one way, their itinerary is port heavy, where other itineraries are glacier heavy.

I never recommend one ways, unless you are spending another week- ideally touring interior Alaska. You are already all the way there- take advantage. :)

You might want to consider - ports, time in ports, route, glacier, ship naturalist, price.

Do your homework on the above factors, easiest for elimination is the glacier choice. Glaicer Bay is my top pick.

Archived