Meeting Limo at Disembarkation

CruiseShelly

Okay -- all QM2ers that have sailed INTO the Brooklyn facility -- I'd like opinions on what to tell the Limo driver when he drops us off on Monday 3 July as to WHERE to meet us when he picks us up on 8 July Saturday.

Will it be an obvious place?

Will they make him park and we have to find him?

Does he circle the block until he sees us standing at a certain place?

I've only done this at the pier in Manhattan and it was super easy there. All advice welcome!

Shelly

Who Can't Wait!!!!

On May 23 our driver dropped us off in front of the terminal and on June 4 he picked us up in front of the terminal. Actually, we were maybe fifty feet closer to the ship than the exact center front, but it was a piece of cake as far as we were concerned and he didn't mention having any trouble getting to us. I'm sure you'll have a great time, don't waste any of it straining for things to worry about.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. As of today, the getting to and from the ship are my only worries as I've never seen the new facility, and thus feel a little "out of control" about that. We've got our docs and passports -- I've just got to get there!

I agree that cell phone contact with your driver is essential (well, maybe not essential, but certainly a great comfort). We were ready to be picked up an hour earlier than planned on June 4, but thanks to the cell (and our driver's lead foot) we had only a twenty minute wait.

Paul

Thanks, everyone. I will insist on a cell phone number from the driver, or at least that the home-base office number can be reached on Saturday morning and they can put the driver in contact with me. I just hope it is as simple as it was at the old pier.

Archived