Shopping in Mo Bay

excitedcruiser

This will be our first trip to Montego Bay. We will be going to Rose Hall Mansion and Margarittaville. Wanted to do some shopping but have heard horror stories about the vendors and we don't want to be hounded. We have booked our excursion through A-Z planners and our tour does include a stop at a shopping market. Anybody been to the market they are talking about? Should we just skip that market and shop by the pier?

From past experience ALL the shopping areas have very aggressive selling.....You WILL be hounded.

They have really nice stuff though!

At one point I finally had to tell some lady that if she would just leave me alone for 5 minutes so that I could look at what she had to sell that I would buy something from her:rolleyes:...Good luck and be strong!!

The straw markets in MoBay and Ocho Rios are very intimidating. I travel thru the Caribbean a LOT and I'm very uncomfortable there.

The brick and mortar shopping centers are a very nice shopping experience. They will carry local art there also, you just wont be hastled. In MoBay ask your driver to take you to City Centre, its a well established shopping center.

CaribbeanBlue

CaribbeanBlue

We did a priveate tour with A-Z and they took us to the brick and mortar shopping area. It was very nice and actually got a great deal on a watch there. Better deal than anywhere else. This area is gated and very well patroled. They only allow the tourist in there it seemed. Our driver was allowed in to drop us off but had to go park "outside" the area.

Archived