Dolphin Swim - Curacao or St. Maarten

zinman

Does anyone have an opinion on which dolphin swim is better on the Southern Caribbean itinerary - Anguilla (from St. Maarten) or Curacao. It seems like the Anguilla Dolphin Discovery is not as easy to get to and you have to go through customs again. But I can't find much on the Dolphin Academy in Curacao. Any input would be appreciated.

I did the dolphin encounter in Curacao in January. I didn't think that it was dumpy...I guess I was so excited about meeting the dolphin that I didn't notice!! We were in the water for about 30 minutes...then you could buy a picture, etc. You then had a long time to kill before the transportation took you back to the ship. I really enjoyed it...it was one of the highlights of the trip for me. I don't know if that answers your question or not. I think that the reason I didn't even consider the St. Martin one was because it was a swim and not just an encounter. Good luck...you will love either one...it is a great experience.

Thanks for all the advice. We ended up booking through Dolphin Discovery in Anguilla and signed up for the royal swim so our kids have about an hour to swim and interact with the Dolphins. I know it seems harder to get to, but the posts I've read indicate it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again for everyone's replies.

Archived