Everyone is so helpful on this board

Hello All,

Everyone has always been so helpful on these board I was hoping for some help. My DH and I are flying into SeaTac on 08/03 and leaving out of Vancouver on 08/05 for our cruise. Our plane lands at 10:00 AM and we were thinking of renting a car and driving to my SIL house for the day and night and then since we are going Amtrack to Vancouver on Sat morning and SIL is leaving to take child to college on east coast we were thinking of renting a room near amtrack and returning the car on Friday night.

Any suggestion on car - will we have to bring it back to the airport?

Looking for clean hotel near Amtrack - don't mind short walk - but will have a ton of bags - quick taxi or shuttle ride would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help

Debbie

Debbie, people could be even more helpful if you headed your inquiry properly, such as name of city, airport, pier. And if your SIL lives near enough for you to visit, wouldn't she be a good source of answers to your questions.

I see you took the advise of Signman and reposted your question with more information. I hope you also spoke to your SIL.

Signman gave you good advise. Most people going to a city want to hear from a local and are happy when one answers. You are lucky in that you already have family in the area. SIL can tell you which hotels are close by and car rental locations. She doesn't have to have stayed there to give you a name of a property. Then you could check them online or wait to hear from other posters.

You might have mistook a suggestion as rude when you wanted a spicific answer.

In 1999, we stayed in Seattle at the Double Tree Hotel, very close to the airport, for two nights prior to going to Vancouver by HAL bus for an Alaska cruise. On our day in Seattle, I returned to the airport on the hotel shuttle to make arrangements to pick up a rental car. Only after getting to the rental car lot did I realize the lot was only fifty feet to the right of the Double Tree Hotel:rolleyes: . It made returning the rental car very easy! I’m afraid I can’t remember which rental car agency it was. Perhaps if you check the hotel’s address and a few rental agencies you can find out. Or call the hotel direct.

And for your information I wasn't trying to be rude. I was advising you on a way to possibly get more productive answers to your inquiry and I guess I wrongly assumed that SIL might be able to advise you about staying near Amtrak. In many cities the Amtrak station is located in less than desirable areas and your SIL living somewhere in the NW corner of Washington state or SW corner of Canada might know whether the area was safe or was near to acceptable lodging options.

Wowzo, thank you for the support. As you may know I am on these boards frequently trying to offer advice where I have some knowledge or first hand experience. And since I have only been to Seattle once about 15 years ago, I am not qualified to offer any Seattle/Vancouver specific information. But I think it is reasonable that someone living nearby might be a good source of information. Just like I think some posters would be much smarter to call the hotel they are staying at to ask if they have a free airport shuttle where they would get fast direct first hand information, rather than posting that same inquiry here.

Archived