Northern Europe on Hal

lemare

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help with a booking. My family and I are planning a cruise for 7/07 on Holland, but I'm not sure what rooms are available. Is there a site I can see what rooms have been booked so far?Thanks,

lemare:confused:

Howdy lemare!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information regarding available cabins. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members find information about using the board's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

To help you out and per the Guidelines, I am moving this thread to the Holland America Line Forum where it will be on topic. I feel sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you there.

Sincerely glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and thank you for stopping by the Help Forum. I also hope you will find your thread in the new location OK!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

To the best of my knowledge, there is no place other than HAL's own INTERNAL records that will tell you which cabins are available at any given time. Even travel agents don't know. No different than airlines, a supply versus demand thing.

You have been redirected to the right place for answers. Check out HAL's own website for deck layouts for each ship. The best bang for the $ can usually be found in the lowest decks, inside, outside, balcony and so on. In otherwords, if you want a balcony, take one on the lowest deck possible as the ride will be more stable and those above are getting the same size cabin at a higher cost. Those cabins mid ship tend to offer more stability too.

Use a travel agent familiar with HAL and have a copy of the deck plan in front of you when booking a cabin. There are people on this board that know each HAL ship intimately and know the odd cabin that might offer a little more square footage or balcony space for the money. You also need to watch out for obstructed views, usually lifeboats, but these cabins are usually sold at a discount which may or may not appeal to you. And lastly, if you want a suite, there are plenty of posters on this board that will give you all you need to know to make an educated decision. You are going to love HAL and The Baltics.

Thanks hammybee for the info. This is the first posting I've done, and as you can see, I've got a lot to learn about the site. I appreciate the response and the help. lemare

Howdy lemare!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information regarding available cabins. However' date=' you have posted on the Help Forum where members find information about using the board's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. [img']http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/05.gif[/img]

To help you out and per the Guidelines, I am moving this thread to the Holland America Line Forum where it will be on topic. I feel sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you there.

Sincerely glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and thank you for stopping by the Help Forum. I also hope you will find your thread in the new location OK!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Thanks Kat for moving my question to the appropriate category. I have a feeling I'm going make lots of boo boos before I figure out this site. lemare

lemare

If you click 'back', you will see at the top of the Holland America Line forum

a red 'Sticky' about the ships of the HAL fleet. There may be some information

there that you will find helpful.

Also, you can get an idea of the cabins available by going to travelocity.com

and starting the booking process. It will show you what cabins 'they' have available

for sale. This can be a good indicator of what the whole cruise may be like

for availability. You can then exit once you have the information without actually booking.

For information about specific cabins or classes of cabin, there is a lot of

information on the Cabin Selection Forum under Cruise Discussion Topics.

Sometimes, a search of that forum for a specific cabin will get information

from people who have actually travelled in it. Otherwise, search for

the type of cabin or the ship itself.

Regardless, you will soon learn that this site is invaluable in planning, booking

and enjoying a cruise. Just remember, there are almost 200,000 members

here and you just have to learn to ignore the ignorant ones.

Happy cruising.

Archived