A couple of quick questions - Crown

tradingspaces

Booked on the Crown Princess Aug 16/06 and have some questions:

Can anyone tell me if you can ask your room steward for robes when you are in a balcony stateroom or is this reserved for mini-suites and up?

Also, what is the best time to show up at the pier, to miss the rush?

Thanks for your help:)

Laura

This from a post by mmo??

Ron

some random thoughts from the trip: we had a great time, nice ship, Dolphin 501 was a good room, showers are very small-like 30 x 30"-even the comedian on ship was ripping them !! but we didn't have a mini-suite which I guess has a tub also. I found putting a lot of stuff in ziplock bags helped and then put them on the shelves in bathroom where they stayed put

-if you request a robe for the week in your room you can take it home-it's just a basic one but still okay--we asked like 50 times if they were sure we could take it and they said yes!

I knew you could take them home, but you would be charged. If you walked off with one, the room steward would turn in the name of the passenger and they would be billed after the fact. If you wanted to buy one, you would get a new robe, not one that has been worn a zilion times.. I doubt if Princess started giving them away. Maybe the passenger misunderstood when they said sure you can take them home.. Dunno???

I knew you could take them home, but you would be charged. If you walked off with one, the room steward would turn in the name of the passenger and they would be billed after the fact. If you wanted to buy one, you would get a new robe, not one that has been worn a zilion times.. I doubt if Princess started giving them away. Maybe the passenger misunderstood when they said sure you can take them home.. Dunno???

We were on an RCL cruise last year and had robes in our cabin, at the end of the cruise we put them in our suitcases and never saw a charge for them??:eek: Maybe the steward liked us enough and never turned in our names, and we did leave a extra nice tip...

Booked on the Crown Princess Aug 16/06 and have some questions:

Can anyone tell me if you can ask your room steward for robes when you are in a balcony stateroom or is this reserved for mini-suites and up?

Also, what is the best time to show up at the pier, to miss the rush?

Thanks for your help:)

Laura

Laura, I'm on the same sailing as you. Join our roll call! It's been a little slow lately, but hopefully with our sailing date moving closer things will pick up!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=260854

Archived