Just to clarify on that $15 corkage fee

seamac29

Just want to understand. I have read mainly that one cannot bring any liquor onboard which we are fine with. But I seem to recall reading somewhere here that NCL charges a $15 corking fee. This appears on the surface to be a contradiction. For instance if we have a special bottle of wine could we bring it , declare to NCL and pay the $15 ? If so is there a limit etc? Thanks as usual. We are on the Star soon...

Just want to understand. I have read mainly that one cannot bring any liquor onboard which we are fine with. But I seem to recall reading somewhere here that NCL charges a $15 corking fee. This appears on the surface to be a contradiction. For instance if we have a special bottle of wine could we bring it , declare to NCL and pay the $15 ? If so is there a limit etc? Thanks as usual. We are on the Star soon...

the corkage fee is for wine....(must be in a different catagory than hard liquor)....but you can have a bar set up in your room which is cheaper than buying your drinks ready made....let them know ahead of time what you want, rum vodka etc....prices are high but still much cheaper than the $6.00 - $8.00 for drinks

I presume Champagne is wine ( As far as I am concerned it is ) . Also how far in advance to order a setup or can you do it on a as need basis once on the ship.

Champagne is considered a wine by NCL and you are able to bring it on the ship for the $15 corkage fee.

To order a bar set up, hard liquors, you need to do this at least 2 weeks prior to your cruise. There are many threads here at CC with all the information on where to call and what's available, just use the search feature on the boards and you'll have more than enough information.:D

In Houston in December they actually took my two bottles of wine when I went through the scanners and I could pick them up at the dining room and they could bring them out if you wanted them at dinner. So no matter whether you drink in the room or not you will be automatically charged the $15 a bottle - this worked great for me as I didn't have to carry two bottles up the gang plank and onto the boat and if you have seen the gang plank in Houston - is is long and steep! :) Debbie

You are abosolutely correct, but only bring on what is truley special. Otherwise order the $20 bon voyage basket. which provides you with red or white and whole fruit. Whole fruit was hard to come by on my last cruise.

I've seen people wanting to bring on $2 buck chuck...not worth it in my estimation.

Wishing you well,

Rock

NCL was terrific about the setups. Despite the fact we are leaving on the 9th July they fulfilled my late request and we were able to secure the bar setups. Me and the BW have been saving a very good bottle of 1979 vintage champagne ( year we were married ) and will finally open it on board. Thanks again.

Archived