Can I get a senior rate on Legend?

Why hold off? If it comes up later, you'll get compensated. By waiting you almost assuredly will pay more. the Legend has a full ship charter the next week, so inventory is limited = rates will go up.

Why hold off? If it comes up later, you'll get compensated. By waiting you almost assuredly will pay more. the Legend has a full ship charter the next week, so inventory is limited = rates will go up.

What does 'full ship charter the next week' mean? That is not something I know to look for...

There are several discounts offered during each year. Some are senior, state of residency, and past guest. Not sure about others, but one or the other could be offered when you call - if you ask. Only one discount is allowed per cruise. So if you're a senior, like me, and a past guest, also me;), they allow only one. Check on the difference to see which is more beneficial to you.

What does 'full ship charter the next week' mean? That is not something I know to look for...

It means the ship has been bought out and chartered for the sailing the following week. It is not open for reservations to the general public.

NRWO

Who has chartered the Legend for that week? We are booked on her for Jan 27 and our price has not moved since we booked in March. We are on the first sailing of the new itenerary. The one that is chartered is for the last sailing to Barbados and Marinique.

Whoa! Who or what charters the whole ship! Anyway, I did call Carnival and there are no current senior rates in Jan for Legend Panama itinerary. Only a small past guest rate for 1/3. There is a great military rate which we have never checked on but my DH missed the 2 yr service minimum as he got an early out 41 days during the Nam thing in order to go to college. Carnival PVP checked and said the DD214 had to say 2 yrs. Well, I guess I would like to know if anyone has seen senior rates on this cruise then I will wait awhile to book. I am also going to check on that charter thing. AND thanks so for for all replies...

You need to question the military rate again. If your DH spent time in Nam then he should be eligible for the discount. Fight till you get it. This has been discussed by several people lately. At first they were saying that you had to have 2 full yrs active service then they said that as long as you spent part of you time on foreign soil during a conflict that the full two years weren't necessary.

You need to question the military rate again. If your DH spent time in Nam then he should be eligible for the discount. Fight till you get it. This has been discussed by several people lately. At first they were saying that you had to have 2 full yrs active service then they said that as long as you spent part of you time on foreign soil during a conflict that the full two years weren't necessary.

molme is correct. Get a sup on the line and explain that he served during wartime.

molme is correct. Get a sup on the line and explain that he served during wartime.

Well, I called Carnival again and pointed ot that DH's service was during Vietnam with the dates of 1972 and 1973 and considered wartime with less than 2 years and was told he does qualify for the military rate. He was not overseas but this was not discussed. It looks like military service during any prior wartime periods qualifies with an H. Discharge. The Veteran's Administration has defined wartime periods as they impact on certain benefits. We will be booking soon and hope there are no problems.

Holding off on booking a Jan 8 day to Panama to see if we can get a senior rate on a balcony room. Will we see this rate offered on this Canival Legend cruise?

dont wait too long as the prices are going up and you will end up paying more if you wait too long.....if you are eligible they will reimburse you......if in doubt call your TA........if you have a good TA they will be on the alert for you so you won't have to be watching all the time ..........

Archived