QM2: Best Place to Be Sailing out of NYC?

Texwell

For all of you experienced QM2 T/A crossing passengers, I would like to know where one might have the optimal experience when sailing from NYC. This is our first crossing so we want to be sure we are in the best spot on the ship!

Thanks.

I would recommend going up to deck 12. Once you get there you will find a set of stairs outside and then an additional flight which will take you up to a sort of observation area, just in front the funnel.

This is my favorite perch when sailing out of New York. The helicopters will be buzzing around like giant bees and the view of the Verrazano is quite spectacular. You will pass so closely under the bridge that you almost feel the need to duck.

Have a great voyage.

Cruiserking

There are tons of pictures of the bottom of the Verrazano-Narrows bridge from the QM2 (I've taken a few ounces myself), but does anyone know of any pictures of the top of the QM2 taken from the Verrazano?

Paul

There are tons of pictures of the bottom of the Verrazano-Narrows bridge from the QM2 (I've taken a few ounces myself), but does anyone know of any pictures of the top of the QM2 taken from the Verrazano?

Paul

Hi pb82,

I don't think I have ever seen such a picture and we live near the bridge.

Unless it is professionally done, it would not be allowed. No cars or vehicles are permitted to stop on the bridge at any time to take pictures - it is strictly against the law especially since 9-11.

I don't think Cunard ever approached this angle. Many shots have been taken from helicopters away from the bridge.

Sorry, would sound interesting.

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Archived