Golfing in Bermuda

Has anyone gone Golfing in Bermuda? I understand the golfing is supposed to be great. My husband is dying to golf in Bermuda. We are leaving on our cruise on 7/10. If anyone has done this, is it a hassle? He wanted to bring his own clubs I told him would be too much and no room to store. We are sailing on the Empress of the Sea. Any input would help. Thank you.

I have played golf in Bermuda many times one of my favorites is Port Royal. Book a time when you are in Kings Wharf because it the closest and he will have to take a cab. Wait untill you board to book it and the ship might be able to pair him up with another passenger...As for not bringing his own clubs....MMMMM....I wont go there..at least he should bring his own shoes and golf balls..he wont beleive the price of the golf balls..

Have a great trip , we loved the Empress in May.

I was on the 6/12 sailing of the Empress and played four rounds in Bermuda. I played St. George, Port Royal twice and Ocean View.

The St. George course is short, 12 par 3's and 4 par 4's, but it is fun and scenic. It's only a short ride from where the ship docks, about $5 cab fare.

Port Royal is the only full length public course on Bermuda and is my favorite. As Rich stated, it is closer to King's Wharf than to Hamilton. The cab fare from King's Wharf is about $18 plus tip, from Hamilton about $20 plus tip. It certainly pays to share a cab with others. Your husband can check the sign-up sheet on the ship to see who else is playing that day (names and cabin numbers are listed) in order to see if anyone wants to share a cab.

Ocean View is a 9 hole course that you go around twice for 18 holes. It is very close to Hamilton, about $8 cab fare. While it's not as difficult as Port Royal, it is still an enjoyable course. There's also plenty of time to play a round there Friday morning, the day the ship sails for home.

I had my own clubs, but all the courses rent them.

Archived