New Cruiser ??s

Hello -

I'm new to cruising and about to reserve our frst vacation. We want to go to the Caribbean and are looking at RCL Serenade and NCL Dawn.

Does anyone think one is better than the other? Is there a beter time to go? We can schedule anytime between Feb and May.

Many people have told me that a cruise vacation is the best value and it seems so, is a suite the best way to go for a little extra "luxury". It seems like it from some of the messages here.

Thanks in advance.

Nora

Hello Nicknoraandastatoo!!! I Have Sailed Both Cruiselines And Can't Say Honestly That One Is Better Than The Other. I Think A Cruise Or Vacation Is What You Make It. As Far As The Cabin If It Is In Your Budget Go For It. Although I Would Choose To Spend The Extra Money On Shopping :d

Hello -

I'm new to cruising and about to reserve our frst vacation. We want to go to the Caribbean and are looking at RCL Serenade and NCL Dawn.

Does anyone think one is better than the other? Is there a beter time to go? We can schedule anytime between Feb and May.

Many people have told me that a cruise vacation is the best value and it seems so, is a suite the best way to go for a little extra "luxury". It seems like it from some of the messages here.

Thanks in advance.

Nora

chose the itinerary you want first.......I love the Dawn but depends what your looking for....NCL is freestyle which some like and some dont (I LIKE)......

My preference is RCCI. Their ships are prettier (not as Vegas glitzy), and their service is better. NCL has more dining options, and they have freestyle dinners (we waited in line almost every night to get a table for dinner, so we won't be going on NCL for that reason, among many others). I much prefered the food on RCCI.

I did the Serenade itinerary this past March and it was fabulous. Unless you are really set on freestyle cruising, I would take the Serenade for the opportunity to spend all your cruise in warm weather, where the Dawn at least the first and last days, if not more will be cold weather out of NY. Either February or March will have great weather in the Southern Caribbean.

Archived