Swimsuit warning . . .

MrsPete

Thats funny that you say you have more suits than anything else because I am getting to have as many swim suits as shoes...well not quite but if I keep it up I will. I was in Old Navy looking for shorts and found two bikinis on clearance; the tops were 2.97 and the bottoms were $3.97 each.

I figure at that price I can sit in a salt water pool on Celebrity and not care if the suit gets ruined. I can't justify wearing my Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren suits in salt water for too long chlorine is bad enough.

I did the same thing yesterday, I couldn't believe the prices at old navy, now I am up to 7 suits, which is alot for me!!:cool: By March I will double if I keep this up, but as you said I won't care if the chlorine fades a $5 suit.:):D

For 5 bucks I may have to go check out Old Navy and buy a suit that may or may not fit me at cruise time. I won't mourn being out $5 on something I don't get to wear, I would mourn being out $50 :p

ETA: nevermind, just checked out the website and no tankinis at Old Navy this year. I don't think I'll be gutsy enough to wear a true bikini in December since I'll (hopefully) be around a size 14.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I did it again I bought another swimsuit, ;) this time at Target, they are having a great sale also. The stuff is starting to get picked over but if you look good you can find some great buys. Happy shopping & good luck.:rolleyes:

Well I must be fortunate because I never have a problem. I know my measurements and I am pretty standard regarding proportions so most things fit. I wear a size medium or 8/10 across the board so unless something runs small I do alright.

You may be standard, but most manufacturers aren't. That's the reason I have clothes from a size 4 all the way to a size 10 in my closet. If you shop at the same online stores, and are used to the sizes, then I can see it. But there is no way can I reasonably expect something to fit, just using a size chart. Learned that a long time ago. ;)

I tried on a Sunsets bikini from Everything But Water - it was a lot pricier that I had planned on ($49 each piece) but I swear it fit me like it was custom made for me. So I bought two!!! :eek:

If you find a swimsuit that fits that well, definately buy two!! It is so hard to find suits that fit just right sometimes, and if you do not feel comfy in it, you won't feel as confident in public at the beach, pool, etc...

These are one of those times that paying the additional money will pay off in the end! Congratulations on your find!

I tried on a Sunsets bikini from Everything But Water - it was a lot pricier that I had planned on ($49 each piece) but I swear it fit me like it was custom made for me. So I bought two!!! :eek:

happysinglemom - Congratulations on your new bikini's :D its not often we girls can find prefectly fitting bikinis!! :rolleyes: This past winter I did the same purchasing 2 very expensive suits for a vacation from Water Water Everywhere they fit like a glove, which is very unusual:eek: !! I don't regret it because they also are still like brand new, unlike the less expensive ones I have purchased as back up suits.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived