How long are you planning on staying in Barcelona, pre and/or post the cruise?

Hey Northern Bear,

We too are booked for October 2005 on the Brilliance. Seems like a lot of posts have been popping up regarding October 2005. We chose it because of the cooler weather which should make it more bearable to tour these fantastic places. Been busy checking out tours and booked a few already. The med should be wonderful. Happy cruising.

Oh, we plan on two days pre cruise in Barcelona simply because when the cruise is over we just want to get home.

We have a pre-stay in Venice and a post-stay in Barcelona. I prefer to have a pre-stay because you never know when airlines are going to be delayed or have problems. So flying in early alomost assures me that I will not be late for embarkment...I don't want to miss my cruise!!!

Hi - My husband and I will be on Splendor Oct 30-6, staying one night prior to the Med cruise at AC Diplomatic, and then returning to AC Diplomatic for one night prior to boarding the Millenium for its transatlantic cruise Nov 7th.QUOTE]

We will be on Splendour 10/16 and then AC Diplomatic for 3 nights upon return to port. :)

• 2 weeks later...

SUNTANZI!

Great to hear you will be at the AC Diplomatic! I'll look for you on your return Med trip...we'll be checking in Oct 29. I just sent a letter to them to confirm our arrangement and they faxed my letter back with a confirmed stamp and note. I like to know with some assuredness (at least I like to think I know), that reservations are truly confirmed.

I'm sure we will have an absolutely DEVINE time!! Perfect weather, lovely experiences, great EVERYTHING!

AIN'T LIFE GREAT?

Best regards,

Susan

we will be staying 3 nights post celebrity millennium's may 1, 2005 transatlantic cruise.

we booked thru "orbitz" the hotel jazz which happens to be a brand new hotel. the price was 100 euros per night. taxes and breakfast are not included in the price.

do not know anything about the hotel but it appears to be a better class of property than the hotel continental which we walked out of last sept.

burtshell

We're going on the Splendour October 2nd out of Barcelona. I booked the Arts Hotel for one night al though I wish I opted for 2 nights. After returning to Barcelona on the ship we will frly to Venice for 3 days and then to Paris for 3 days.

I'm so excited, I can barely stand it!

Sippintime,

When is your cruise? We are on the Brilliance 9/23, and are getting pretty excited! Would love info if you are going before we go! Will also share uinfo with you if we go first. We are planning to stay at the Grand Marina Hotel in Barcelona.

Jackie

Hello Jackie - you wrote this message to me on August 17th and we we're on the BOS sailin' back to Barcelona :( ahhhh memories.....

Sorry for the delayed response, but I think we are back on track now that we've been back since Aug. 23rd. :(

We sailed on the BOS on Aug. 6th. We did a 4-day pre-cruise in Barcelona and we were very glad that we did. We'd definitely recommend it...don't let anyone tell you different! We stayed at the Grand Marina Hotel and were not disappointed. We were impressed with the hotel and its staff. Upon our request, we had an upgrade to the "Marina suite" and it was "sweeet" ! (just be sure you clearly communicate with them about the rate per night; we didn't and ended up with a huge bill but we worked it out after all).

You won't be disappointed with the hotel :)

I welcome your inquiries and would be happy to help you out. I prefer corresponding with you by posting messages here so that others may receive the same benefit of this message board (as I did when I was researching for my cruise) :)

Ciao for now....

Tammy.

We stayed at the AC Diplomatic in Barcelona. Great location, modern hotel with a small outdoor pool and a free minibar (beer, water and soda). The minibar alone was worth a lot as we were not used to the warm weather and were very thirsty all of the time. Also, there is a Kinko's type business centre directly across the street. We were able to access our home email for 1 euro per hour and also had our digital photos taken in Barcelona burned on a CD for half of what the ship would have charged. Barcelona is a wonderful city- enjoy!

Thanks for the info, we are staying there in October. I speak decent spanish but no catalan, did you find that many staff members spoke spanish or english? Would you suggest trying to get reservations at restaurants in advance or did the concierge help or did you wing it?

Oops! Well, have an incredible time....You should be enjoying prime weather 10/16!!

Yes, I am very excited. The only sad thing is that I am leaving my 18 month old for the 10 days we are travelling and I feel TERRIBLE because I know she won't understand that I am coming back and not to worry.

• 1 month later...

Your trip is almost upon you!! Wow, you must be totally excited. Our departure is 19 days away and i'm starting to panic a bit about packing all the right clothes (and I tried to be so organized...). Have a totally wonderful cruise and, try not to let your separation from your beautiful daughter be anything but fleeting. I had the same experience as you when I left my daughter when she was 4 for 2 weeks to go with my sister to Ireland. She did fine, and we had a great reunion. Also brought her lots of little surprises which she loved. You will miss her and she you, but it will be okay. My daughter to this day, has no recollection of my trip, so ENJOY YOURSELF!!

Bon Voyage!!

ENJOY YOURSELF!! Bon Voyage!!

THANK YOU!! I appreciate your kind words and sharing your experience. I am happy to hear your daughter did well as that is the only negative about my trip. Your words comfort me.

I am also stressed about packing--I have a very organized set of clothes but am also one of those women who wears what she "feels" each day so if I don't bring what I "feel" I will be mildly annoyed. Dumb but that's why we change clothes 10 times before leaving the house sometimes, right? LOL

Hi! I understand completely what you are feeling about the clothes situation. I am struggling with my husband's concept of packing versus what I know I will need if for nothing else than the psychological peace required. I say, do what you feel is most important for you to make the cruise the best possible experience for you. Everyone has their own understanding for themselves, which is fine. However, another person's self feeling cannot compensate for yours. Therefore, be sure to make the decision for you. Even when you love someone with all your heart, their best is not yours, so be your own benefactor...afterall, it's your trip too.

I am sure your daughter will do absolutely splendidly. Trust the Source, and enjoy!!! The best is yet to come!

Archived