Legend Information Please

My husband and I (early 60's) will be celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniverary fall 2007. We are contemplating either doing the 13th night Italy and Croatia cruise on the Legend or going with Princess on the new Emerald ship for a 12 night Meditteranean and Greece cruise. The new itinerary on the Legend looks absolutely wonderful but I keep reading negative things about the ship. The latest was that they use paper plates in the Windjammer Cafe. Can that be? Our prior cruise experience has been with Princess, Celebrity and Holland America. Will the Legend disappoint us for our special celebration? Any help or comments would certainly be appreciated and thanks for your time in replying to my message.

GolfinginCarolina

My husband and I (early 60's) will be celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniverary fall 2007. We are contemplating either doing the 13th night Italy and Croatia cruise on the Legend or going with Princess on the new Emerald ship for a 12 night Meditteranean and Greece cruise. The new itinerary on the Legend looks absolutely wonderful but I keep reading negative things about the ship. The latest was that they use paper plates in the Windjammer Cafe. Can that be? Our prior cruise experience has been with Princess, Celebrity and Holland America. Will the Legend disappoint us for our special celebration? Any help or comments would certainly be appreciated and thanks for your time in replying to my message.

GolfinginCarolina

I think you will love it, although it is one of the older RCI ships, it has been very well maintained and went into drydock last spring where the windjammer was completely redesigned and replaced along with updating other areas of the ship. We sailed on her for the Transatlantic last Oct and found the Staff and crew some of the friendliest and efficient we have had in our 20+ cruises with RCI and we will be sailing on her in Oct for the transatlantic again.

She has also had the new improved bed/bedding that everybody is raving about installed over the last couple of weeks. As for the paper plates, we have never seen them in the windjammer. Hope this helps.

GolfinginCarolina

Hi there, first of all there are no paper plates...they were plastic. Which is funny as I don't really like plastic..but these were very acceptable. Legend has had excellent reviews for many, many, months. Lots of repeat passengers.There is loads about the ship on this board recently.. if you click on my name... it will bring up all sorts of posts involving Legend. with info both from myself and others. the windjammer has all been redone as stated..also a ben & jerrys ice cream..and a Latte tudes added. the ship is lovely and immaculately kept. but it is 11 years old..and doesn't have specialty restaurants. etc. We are sailing in just over 4 weeks....for our 2nd Med cruise on Legend..so I can answer better how she looks..come late August.We sailed July 30th last year....just after her refit.. and she was gorgeous. We are also booked on the Italy croatia cruise...for August 11th 2007. The itinery is indeed fantastic. It appears to be promoted in the US..rather than the UK...as it is not on our TA websites..only RC...and has been kept very quiet here.

So from last year..when we expected Legend to be a one off cruise...to this year when we are about to take our 2nd..and are already booked for a 3rd.as well..it shows she is a really enjoyable ship..with a warm friendly atmosphere. However, Princess is a quality cruise line...with very high standards..as are Hal..and Celebrity. I think the other newer RC ships would certainly surpass most cruise lines. But legend is older and smaller..so it is very hard to know how she will appeal to you. regards, Carol

Archived