I'm curious - when do you clear customs?

bonbon663

We were on the Infinity on 18 September 2004 ex Vancouver, I can't recall about customs but I know that US Immigration was done on board. As a none US passport holder I remember queuing for more than an hour on board to have my passport stamped. THis was done the day after leaving Vancouver which was a sea day.

Might have changed since then, but I know I wasn't very happy at the time.

:) Hi,

Standard embarkation procedures in Vancouver is; 1/ passenger screening facilities 2/ US Customs and Border Protection clearance 3/ on to your cruise line check-in room & counter 4/ Welcome aboard.

Total distance between 1/ & 2/ : about 30-35 feet .. then, to #3, could be approx 100 feet depending how many ships are in town and where your line has set up shop.

Unless you hit the port facilities right smack in the middle of the rush ( approx 1.30pm----3.00pm ) or/and on a buzy ship day ( v.g;;sundays, there are three....), your total time elapsed before you step foot onboard your ship should be well within 1 hour.

It takes us roughly 20-25 minutes when checking in about 10.45//11.00am.

Standard debarkation is: 1/ Canadian Customs 2/ on to luggage floor to get your things....and you're home free !!!

Happy sailings

Claude G

;)

Archived