Weather and ship question

jenjes3

Hi husband and I love cruising.. but have done the Eastern, Western, and Southern Caribbean ..... now we would like to try Mexican Riveria... First how is the weather in January? Nice and warm? When is rainy season?

Also,,.. we usually sail with RCCl but don't know if we want to sail on Legend of the Seas or possible try Celebrity on the Mercury... Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thank you

Hi Karen,

I can't answer your question about the weather in January. But unfortunately, Legend won't be sailing the Mexican Riviera next year. She leaves in October and does a series of Hawaii & Panama Canal tours and then will head over to Europe for next year. Not sure what RCCL's plans are as some of the itineraries for next summer have not been released. I am sure that Disney's Magic threw a wrench into cruiseline scheduling when they booked the Mexican Riviera for next summer.

The last I heard, the Vision is still doing winter Mexican Riviera for 2004-2005. We went on her in March and had a great time. The weather in January in Mexico is usually mild, but you will be leaving So. Cal. in our winter so expect rain (we hope!) the first day out and the last day back, wind, and the need for long pants and a warm jacket outdoors.

The rainy season on both the tip of Baja and the Mexican mainland is July-September.

Keep in mind that this trip is in the Pacific. The water in the winter may be in the high 60s or low 70s, certainly no higher. I can snorkel in this, but many who are used to Hawaii or the Caribbean may want to bring a wetsuit.

Archived