Carnival Dinner Dress?

musik07

I had read somewhere (and i dont remember wehre) taht on a 7 night carnival cruise there are two formal nights and then casual nights no semi-formal or smart casual nights. Is this true i am trying to decide what to pack. I am going on the pride on july 18th

That is what I remember as well. Definitely 2 formal nights, but not sure what they call the other nights. Not all folks follow the dress code, but to avoid any weirdness or whatever, I'd advise that casual doesn't mean shorts, jeans, thongs, and a tank top. It really means khaki pants with a button down for men and a sundress or pant suit for ladies. I have noticed that most folks dress in black alot in the dining room- just a little more "dressy" I suppose. Evening attire.

There are 2 formal nights where formal wear (coctail dress/gown/suit/tux) is suggested. The rest of the cruise is casual resort wear. This would be semi dress slacks and polo type shirts for men. For women, dresses, capris, skirts etc. No shorts in the dining room. There is some debate about jeans but they are not prohibited. For sea days if you are not in your bathing suit just bring something very comfortable.

Hope this helps.

Arlene

Just got back from the Conquest.....7 day cruise had two formal dinner nights Monday and Thursday. The other nights were smart causal. Formal meaning evening gowns or nice pants suit. What you would wear to church, a wedding or a prom. Men wore Suit or tux. Causal was no tank or shorts. Most women had on summer dress or nice pants things you would wear to the office. Men had on Dockets or dress pants & nice shirts with collars. Keep i mind not EVERYone followed this.

Since I wore a suit for most of my working life I just didn't think I would want to do that on a vacation. Didn't matter what. I wanted to be layed back.

But I have to say that the formal and "smart" casual nites are a pleasure. I don't wear a tux although I don't have a problem for wearing one. But the two formal nites we wear formal wear, suit and evening dress. And it is nice to dress for dinner. I know this is not the question but for all the men out there, it ain't bad and kinda nice to treat your lady or family to 7 days of unique dinner experiences.;)

1455726641_Tiger1-31-04copy.jpg.e8f85a57f9d1c6cdec22c222118432bd.jpg

And also, don't forget- if you don't want to dress for dinner, there are other options available on all the ships. You can go to the Lido Deck Buffet, Pizza & Salad, and Room Service... There are enough choices to make most folks very happy :)

We sailed 6/20 and it was our first cruise. We too had many questions but it is really "go with the flow" on the Pride, not a stuffy or high society bunch. Normal nights jeans and a cure top were seen in the dining rooms as well as sundress or capris. The formal nights weren't that fancy - some old people with Tuxedos, some 30's men with open collared shirts and others stuffed in a suit they save for funerals. Olders ladies in black sequins (even though it was June), some obvious recycled mother of the bride dresses and teens in sundresses with flipflops. The formal night on Monday was dressier since the Friday night dinner was after being in Port all day. Hopefully you have late seating so you have time to regroup after a fun day in Cabo (nicest and least humid town). We did the Eco Snorkel and loved it. We did find the excursions are much cheaper on land than through the ship. We did the Pirates Sunset Cruise in PV (Very Fun!!) for double the price of the folks sitting next to us. They had purchased theirs through a vendor in town. Oh well live and learn.

Hope you have a blast - the best tip I got from the message boards and used was to bring along a cheap-o extension cord with the plug in bar like the nice surge protector kind. There are only plugs on the vanity and this really helped with curling Irons, cell phone chargers, Camera chargers, laptop, etc. If you have any more questions, fire away.

We just got back after a week on the Glory. We had the late seating in the Platinum dining room. There were two formal nites , Sun and Thus. I didnt see anyone on those nites in anything less than a suit for men and cocktail dresses for the women. On all other nites the dress code was "smart casual"

They did make an announcement after the first evening that shorts would not be allowed , but we saw several instances of men wearing shorts throughout the week. There was one evening that they did stop a man who entered wearing shorts. He left and came back several minutes later wearing long pants.

I actually like dinner. I always eat in the diningr room although last march when my dad told them it was my birthday and there were balloons on my door i almost didnt go but getting a cake was fun!!! I have never taken a power strip....possibly cuze a teenager packs to much hehe....but i never really have needed one. I am excited about getting to go somewhere new!!!

Archived