Where to buy beer in San Juan?

swimgirl

Years ago, some friends and I purchased a case or so right at the pier and walked right onto the ship with it. I don't know if they allow that, or if they were just to busy before embarkation to notice. I will be going back soon, and was wondering if we can still do this...?

Thanks in advance.

We were on a cruise last month and left from San Juan at pier 4. There's a duty free shop (no beer, soda, or water, tho) and you could buy there, put it in your carry on and just walk right onto the ship. The gentleman at the counter at the duty free told my son that security before getting onto the ship work for Puerto Rico. So of course, they're not going to confiscate or not allow you to take purchases that put $$ into their country.

I'm curious, though, to hear if anyone's cruised on RCCL and if there's a duty free from the pier they use in SJ.

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad this was posted, was gonna ask about buying bottled water before getting on the ship. I have heard about all the swelling problems people have and I figured if I got a bunch of bottled water, could save a little and not have to drink the water on board. Could someone tell me how much bottled water is on board? I will be on the AoS.

Thank you

Dawn

Archived