In San Juan for Cruise and Just Lost ID!!!

FromHereToThere

Do you have your birth certificate? That along with anything else may have should work. I am sure you are not the first person to loose their ID. I am sure it will work out, try not to stress to much.

I lost my drivers license on a trip once. I was supposed to fly back to DC out of Providence. I explained the situation and they put me through extra screening. They wanded me and searched my bag.

I'm not sure what the situation will be like in PR, but good luck.

I lost my drivers license on a trip once. I was supposed to fly back to DC out of Providence. I explained the situation and they put me through extra screening. They wanded me and searched my bag.

I'm not sure what the situation will be like in PR, but good luck.

This is reminicent of something I read last month. It seems to back up your experience.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,71115-0.html

My daughter lost her wallet a couple days before a flight and got on (AA out of Toronto to the U.S.) with a photocopy of her birth certificate and her student I.D.

We waited in the terminal certain that she wouldn't be able to board, but then she called us on the cell a few minutes later saying they gave her a curious look, but let her through.

I KNOW that they did not ask for our ID's 2 weeks ago in San Juan. We had our boarding passes printed, the lines were huge, they looked the boarding passes and let us go. I mentioned to my son that I thought that was a bit scary that they didn't check our IDs because since 9/11 I have ALWAYS been checked.

I realize this won't help you right now but in the future you may want to do what my hubby and I do...copy your Drivers liscence and/or passport and leave it with a relative. This way they can fax it if necessary. I don't mean to be morbid but if you should ever get sick or die it will help to get you back home to the states. By the end of the year you'll need a passport anyway so you may want to get one. I'm sure lost ID happens more than you might think, this may cause delays but I'm sure they have a way of dealing with it... after all they knew you had to show ID to get on the cruise in the first place. Chin up.:o

I've had counter agents not check my ID before. Of course, I usually use automated ticket kiosks, so maybe they think that's a good enough check. Also, they do check IDs in the security line.

OP ... you'll probably have to go through a little extra security, but they won't deny boarding.

I realize this won't help you right now but in the future you may want to do what my hubby and I do...copy your Drivers liscence and/or passport and leave it with a relative. This way they can fax it if necessary. I don't mean to be morbid but if you should ever get sick or die it will help to get you back home to the states. By the end of the year you'll need a passport anyway so you may want to get one. I'm sure lost ID happens more than you might think, this may cause delays but I'm sure they have a way of dealing with it... after all they knew you had to show ID to get on the cruise in the first place. Chin up.:o

We copy all of our ID (including DL and Passports) and keep the copies in our carry-on luggage; this way we have a copy with us.

FromHereToThere - I am sure you will be fine. Have a great cruise!

Archived