Q7/ Guaranteed fare on QM2

Gary B

We are VERY excited as we have at the last minute booked onto the 4 day QM2 trip from Southampton - Hamburg - Southampton this coming weekedn (leaves on Friday 14 July).

As it was last minute we booked one of the Queens Grill "guaranteed fares" deals which is called a Q7.

The booking tells us we will be allocated a cabin on check-in. I see that there are 3 cabins on the QM2 called Q7 - but wanted to find otu what experiences people have had when booking one of these guaranteed fares/ Q7 and what cabin they ended up with and what seemed to influence it.

Thanks!

Gary

I wanted to find out what experiences people have had when booking one of these guaranteed fares/ Q7 and what cabin they ended up with and what seemed to influence it.

Hi Garry - It's not QG or QM2, but we booked a P4 (another guarantee grade) on the QE2 for a trip at the end of May. We were upgraded and put in one of the better P1s.

On our trip they looked to be upgrading a lot of their regular passengers by one restaurant grade - if you booked Mauretania then you got Caronia, Caronia gave Britannia, Britannia gave Princess and Princess gave Queens. I don't know for certain that they did that, but from talking to fellow passengers, it looked that way.

We are VERY excited as we have at the last minute booked onto the 4 day QM2 trip from Southampton - Hamburg - Southampton this coming weekedn (leaves on Friday 14 July).

As it was last minute we booked one of the Queens Grill "guaranteed fares" deals which is called a Q7.

The booking tells us we will be allocated a cabin on check-in. I see that there are 3 cabins on the QM2 called Q7 - but wanted to find otu what experiences people have had when booking one of these guaranteed fares/ Q7 and what cabin they ended up with and what seemed to influence it.

Thanks!

Gary

we too have booked a q7/gty for dec 9,2006 the q-7s are handicapped room with no tub but a large shower and oversize doorways and i believe smaller closet space. the gty means you will have at least a q-7 and more likely a q-6 or perhaps a q-5 . there is more than 3 q-7 because there are some on 9 deck as well!! since each category has some handicapped rooms there never seems to be enough and cunard then bumps up each category to fullfill pax needs. therefor it is my understanding that any handicapped room under a gty is mostlikely to be upgraded. HOPE IM RIGHT BON VOYAGE

Thanks for the post! I had wondered if the rooms shown on the layouts were for hadicapped passengers. I did not see any Q7 on the deck layouts on the cunard.co.uk site other than deck 8. Gary

Thanks for the post! I had wondered if the rooms shown on the layouts were for hadicapped passengers. I did not see any Q7 on the deck layouts on the cunard.co.uk site other than deck 8. Gary

ON DECK 9 9024 AND 9025 ARE ALSO Q-7 BEST REGARDS

Archived