Vat

Don't forget if you spend a fair amount of money to ask about the Vat reimbursement. Your better stores will offer this when they calculate price. Also know that if you buy something in Sweden you can get this tax back at the Copenhagen airport too. Some of the Baltic countries have this understanding with one another and it's best to ask. Obviously this would not apply in Russia or I believe Estonia.

AAL

Obviously this would not apply in Russia or I believe Estonia.
Estonia is now part of the EU and should be part of the EU VAT area for these purposes, so it is worth asking.

The other thing to bear in mind is that, technically, the VAT refund should be claimed (as in authorised by customs) at the point at which the goods are finally exported from the EU. That's almost certainly the reason underlying the Sweden/Copenhagen example given. VAT rules on exports should be harmonised across the EU, which should operate as a single country for these (and many other) purposes.

In Oslo there was a place right next to the ship that processed VAT. It was also the most expensive place to shop so i was glad I received my refund right away. The whole process only took a couple of minutes.

Archived