Other Party Places besides The BoatYard?

pholter

I've seen mixed reviews regarding the Boatyard and we still may go there since it's close to the ship. Are there any other places with a Carlos N Charlies type fun atmosphere with or on a beach in Barbados??

Daytime party atmosphere is almost wholly held by the Boatyard. There are a few places in the St. Lawrence Gap but not on the beach, simply bars.

Now, if your ship is staying late try:

Harbour Lights.

Good evening entertainment.

If you happen to be on the island on a Friday night, head to Oistins on the SE coast. We have a street lime every Friday.

Have a great time on the island! :)

Thanks so much for the info! Harbor Lights sounds like alot of fun and it's FREE DRINKS, too- OMG!! We'll be in the big "B" on a wednesday, but have to leave the party by about 9pm. Last call for ship is 9:30pm for a 10pm departure. The Beach Extravaganza party is now being held on Monday's and Wednesday's and it sounds right up my alley with the exception that all ages are welcome..... Would prefer adults only, but that's just me :)

Do you happen to know how much Cover is or how much the Beach Extravaganza Dinner is?? The website doesn't give prices.

Thanks again!!

Thanks so much for the info! Harbor Lights sounds like alot of fun and it's FREE DRINKS, too- OMG!! We'll be in the big "B" on a wednesday, but have to leave the party by about 9pm. Last call for ship is 9:30pm for a 10pm departure. The Beach Extravaganza party is now being held on Monday's and Wednesday's and it sounds right up my alley with the exception that all ages are welcome..... Would prefer adults only, but that's just me :)

Do you happen to know how much Cover is or how much the Beach Extravaganza Dinner is?? The website doesn't give prices.

Thanks again!!

We just love Harbour lights. Maybe get there a half-dozen times a year.

Don't worry too much about it not being 'adults only'. It's too expensive for the kids and one sees few of them.

As I remember, the standard cover charge us US$17 on Wed-Fri which includes FREE DRINKS!

Mondays host the beach BBQ with live band (Wednesdays, too? Haven't been there on a Wednesday), great food, free drinks and a pick-up and delivery service from your home/hotel for US$49/ea. As you'll be cabbing-down to their establishment, I would think it would be less. Perhaps US$35-40/ea.

Here's the scoop: The ship's crew go to The Boatyard. The ship's officers go to Harbour Lights.

Whichever night you go, I can almost guarantee you'll have a wonderful time (plus it's only 10-15 minutes away from the ship!).

I would love to hear your thoughts after your return.

Again, have a GREAT time! :)

Hey Pholter...Im following you!! :)

Just to confirm what Barbados mentioned, Sandie from Harbour Lights, emailed me the following info. This is her email addy if you have any other questions.

harbourlights@sunbeach.net She responds very quickly.

Monday / Wednesday Night Beach Party Extravaganza:

A Truly Tropical Evening…Barefoot dancing in the sand under coconut trees, to the pulsating beat of a live calypso band. Sipping exotic free drinks (including our Bajan Sno Cone served from our authentic Sno Cone Cart), feasting on a sumptuous Bar-B-Que dinner (complete with roasted marshmallows for dessert!) and enjoying the best of local entertainment including … fire eating, limbo and Caribbean dancing, amazing stiltmen and the acrobatics of the agile Green Monkey and the Shaggy Bear. All this and transportation to and from hotels, for the unbeatable price of BDS$98.00 (US $49.00) per person (half price for children under 12). All ages welcome Mondays & Wednesdays only, 7:00pm to 10:30pm. Nightlife in the islands as it should be. Best value for money… an evening not to be missed!!

Wednesdays Twist: BDS $35.00 (US $17.50)with free drinks from 9:00pm – 2:00am

Oh What A Friday: BDS $40.00 (US $20.00) with free drinks from 9:30pm – 3:00am

Free drinks include Rum, Vodka, Gin, Beer, Rum Punch, Soft Drinks & Juices.

Harbour Lights: “The Place To Be” on Monday, Wednesday & Friday Nights, where house DJs play a mix of local and international music in our open air, beach front night club. Free flowing drinks … shooters … cocktails and dancing under the stars. It doesn’t get much better than this! Hot Dogs, Burgers and Chicken Sandwiches also available at Beach BBQ grill.

Dress code and age limit (17 and over) enforced on & Fridays.

Yep- sounds like we finally found what the "Barbados Beach Carnival" is that I've been asking and posting about. No one had heard of it. This has got to be it and it sounds like a blast :) You can count me in!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip Jeff....

Yep! I asked Sandie if they were open around 4-5pm on Wednesdays. This was her reply.

Hi Jeff,

We are not usually open on Wednesday until 7.00 pm for our Beach Extravaganza, but some Wednesdays we do a special Beach Carnival (day time version of Beach Extravaganza) for the Carnival Destiny Cuise ship passengers.

sandie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I wonder how they determine which Wednesday to do it. I wont bug her with that question today.:)

Jeff-

If you happen to email her, would you ask if folks are welcome to come on their own for the earlier Beach Carnival?? You may have already done it, so I don't want to duplicate the efforts. I'd be glad to drop her a line though. I just know that Carnival will charge $75+ for the party, when the Club will only charge $49. Maybe you get a discount if you aren't on the Carnival Bus pick up, too. Who knows.... I'm just a little tired of Carnival taking about 20% or more off the top of every excursion when I've already dropped a load of money on the cruise and S&S Charges.... I'm also an accountant and frugal :)

This is the reply I got back from Sandie

Hi Jeff,

The daytime Beach Carnival is usually only on Wednesdays and not every Wednesday. We do not usually know if it is on until the day before. It is organised for the Cruise ship passengers, but we are happy to have other people as well. The price is BDS $98.00 ($49.00USD) per person, but if you are not a cruise ship passenger and are staying on island, I would reccommend coming to the Beach Extravaganza on Mon or Wed night as there is more entertainment for your $$. There is less on during the day as people also want to spend time on the beach.

Sandie

Sounds like it might be up to Carnival if they do it or not. So now Im not sure what I want to do...:confused:

I guess is depends on how many folks sign up for the excursion at the desk or through Fun Vision.... Thanks so much for following up on this- it just sounds like such a blast!

If the Wednesday daytime one doesn't happen, then I think we'll just do the night one and cut it about 45 minutes short. It starts at 7pm if I'm not mistaken.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I take it that's it on Barbados.

Either The Boatyard or Hourbor Lights.

I was hoping there was someplaces other than that where you could get a cold beer, frozen drinks for the ladies and have a good time without paying a cover charge. Of course a beach has to be there also.

Daytime party atmosphere is almost wholly held by the Boatyard. There are a few places in the St. Lawrence Gap but not on the beach, simply bars.

Now, if your ship is staying late try:

Harbour Lights.

Good evening entertainment.

If you happen to be on the island on a Friday night, head to Oistins on the SE coast. We have a street lime every Friday.

Have a great time on the island! :)

Barbados: Do you happen to know how far Harbour Lights is from the ship? We will be at port there on Wed. and want to go to the Beach Party. Do you know how much, if any, is the cover charge?

Harbour Lights is on Upper Bay Street, Perhaps a 3/4 to 1-mile walk or a 5-minute taxi ride from the ship.

As I remember, the tariff was US$17.50/ea which includes free drinks until 3AM.

Now, for you single guys…..On most nights there are four girls for every guy (why do you think the ships’ staff goes there!).

Anyway, if you don’t have a ball there, please get a complete check-up upon your return to the states! LOL

I leave you with a couple of pictures of Harbour Lights on a quiet night.....

harbourlights1.JPG

harbourlights2.JPG

:) :) :)

Harbour lights: party $49 PP plus $17 PP for food and drink for 2 1/2 hours of fun per carnival traveler. remember boat leaves at 10 p.m. = if you are lucky to down enough liquor to make up the $66 charge you will be so wasted that you won't make it back to the ship in time and will have to fly to aruba via mosquito plane. ha ha. don't see the value here.

additionally, im betting the party really doesn't get started until after midnight anways. the boatyard appears to cater to cruise ship schedules, see website, im sure thats the better party place for us. see you there 10/13/04:D

• 4 months later...

Archived