QM2 9/2/06 excursions to Halifax

nuekruizer

Thanks to all for your responses to my concerns about transversing the ship with a cane or walker. They were extremely helpful and most kind!! I will try to make the cc meeting on sept 3rd. I did opt for a midship cabin with full glass balcony in order to get the most out of my first trip. When do we get our final documents from Cunard? I can't wait!!

Does anyone know which excursion to Halifax would be the least walking involved? I was just thinking that I might be better off just going to the maritime museum and back. Is it walkable to the museum?

Hi NueKruizer,

Final documents for the cruise come 30 days before sailing.:D

In the Voyage Information book you will find Shore Excursion Symbols. (page 25). There is Easy Walking, Moderate Walking and Considerable Walking.

Still haven't decided myself what tour to do. Will probably read the tour descriptions till I am crosseyed before I choose one.:eek:

Smiles,

Maria

We were in Halifax last week and took a "rickshaw" type thing pulled by a husky young man from the dock area to the Museum. We gave him a time and place to meet and he took us back also. My husband has difficulty walking and it was wonderful for him. We saw most of the Museum in about an hour. The Museum is fascinating. Enjoy!

B.

Still haven't decided myself what tour to do. Will probably read the tour descriptions till I am crosseyed before I choose one.:eek:

You don't have to choose to do one - a taxi has a lot of advantages and costs less than two tour tickets. When you're somewhere like Halifax, that's English speaking, a taxi will take you where you want to go without the inconvenience of a bus full of tourists.

Archived