PR tour guide vulgar and a waste of time.

xhoosa

We booked the tour of old san juan and bacardi. Our ship got there on time. The tour company, United Tour, made us wait 40 mins in the terminal then we had to walk two blocks to get to the bus. First we went to a small fort close by for 15 mins, then to Bacardi. The lines were endless and after 1.5 hrs we still had 5 tours ahead of us. Imagine, we only dock in San Juan from 2-9pm. By now it was 5:30pm. We got a cab and went back to old San Juan. The cab cost us $40. We went to eat at Mojitos. Food was good, service was horrible. The waiters would not stop complaining about the amount of work they had. We walked around and asked a street cop where was a good store to shop for sport shirts, he pointed us down a street but told us everything was close, 7pm!!!!!. We sat around and ate ice cream until it was 8:00pm then got back on the ship. The people that had gone on the tour with us got back to the ship at 8:15pm. :cool: :eek: :mad:

The tour was supposed to include the main fort, isla verde and the condado section as well as the bacardi tour. I heard from the other people that in bacardi all they did was show them a movie. They did not get to go anywhere else. By the time they got back to the ship, it was time to get onboard. What a waste! Besides, the rum was cheaper at the duty free shop in the terminal.

What a waste of time and money. Not to mention the anti-american attitude of the tour guide. This short pr lady that kept telling us how they had been ripped off because all the good PR athletes that have won had to represent the US. Well, duh... but I'm sure they dont mind when they get their food stamps from.... the U.S. Her bla bla bla about how bad PR has it and US takes and uses them as very annoying to say the least.

We really got fed up with her attitude and her rude comments, besides her vulgar expressions in spanish. The bus hit a puddle and she turned to the driver and told him in spanish "you almost f*d me up with that one", stupid even said it over the speaker. I guess she thought nobody spoke spanish, but we do. Needless to say, I dont care to go back to PR nor did I care for the tour we wasted our money on. RCL should seriously consider using this tour company. By the way, this is a tour we booked through RCL.

I am sorry that you are basing the whole port of San Juan on a bad day.

Was this tour booked through the cruise lines?? Did you complain when you got back?

Fors are only opened til 5pm.

Bacardi Factory-- is free and could do it on your own.

But I am looking for information-- is the rum factory accessible by walking or do you have to take a cab?

I too am sorry you had a bad experience while in San Juan.....

we always try to avoid excursions with the cruiseline for this very reason..... they are always crowded, over priced and usually are a real disappointment (such as yours). There are of course exceptions.

BUT PLEASE DO NOT BASE YOUR OPINION ON SAN JUAN ON THIS ONE EXPERIENCE.....

We were fortunate to be able to fly down 3 days early and stay 2 nights precruise in the heart of old San Juan before our Serenade cruise last Nov.

We mostly just walked around the old city and explored..... we stopped and talked with many locals and found them to be very friendly and courteous..... of course we were not with a crowd of 50-60 on a tour. We went one night to a local salsa club and truly enjoyed watching the locals show us how its done !!!!!

Anyway, if you ever find yourself docked in San Juan again (or any other port for that matter) - try to experience it a different way - you might be pleasantly surprised.....

Hello xhoosa, really sorry, that this happen to you.

I wish I can say something on behalf of all the tour guides ( I know a few) on the island but it probably wont matter, what happened, happened. It cant be change. Sometimes things go wrong. Most of the time is okay.

You know, the island receives nearly 4 millions visitors and we hear of many satisfied people but you are you and it happened, that can not be change.

Can you please complaint to that tour company and the tourist board.

I will do my part to make sure that they receive this message

(no name attached)

Hope you dont mind.

They need to know. It will help them improve.

If you ever come back to the island, please consider that you have a friend here that would like to invite you to a cup of coffee by the town square in old San Juan.

I'll be in San Juan next week, docking at 3. I was either going to do the kayak tour through Carnival, or just have a cab take us to town and walk through the city for some sightseeing, shopping etc. Any suggestions?

Ok interesting to know about your bad experience for future reference. BUt when you are adding your comment of food stamps and so on.. makes me wonder.. One person does not represent the whole population. Get a life and next time, research, and go prepared. :p :p :p :p

This is definitely BS. Ive said it before, the port of San Juan is not all that PR has to offer. You need to explore all the different towns, beaches, beautiful sights etc.. SO you dont know nothing and because of that your opinion is not valid.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your tour. You have a couple of options,send an email to United Tour Guides(this is the tour operator) about this particular guide,write to the tourism company about this inccident and send an email to RCL.

Just for the record, the people of Puerto Rico have been US citizens since 1917 . The great mayorty of the people here favor our relationship with the US, Don't let the comment of one person affect your attitude about the island. I myself have travelled around the US and not everywhere I went the people were the same.

Best tours are given by independent tour guides whereever you go.

carraizo99@yahoo.com

Archived