Kids on HAL?

kingtns

I was thinking of taking the March 31 Noordam out of NY...it's 11 nights, I have been on all the other lines, last week Crown Princess. Are there lot's of kids & how is the program.?..mine are 16, 14 & 7

Thanks!!

I was thinking of taking the March 31 Noordam out of NY...it's 11 nights, I have been on all the other lines, last week Crown Princess. Are there lot's of kids & how is the program.?..mine are 16, 14 & 7

Thanks!!

Hi King:

We're doing our first family cruise ever this August on HAL: Zaandam from Seattle to Alaska, a 7-day cruise. We are taking our daughters, ages 17 and almost 8 at time of cruise. On our sailing we will have 22 children between the ages of 3 - 7, 49 children between the ages of 8 - 12, and 57 teens, ages 13 - 17. The Club HAL program, while reputedly nowhere near as elaborate as the kids' programs on RCCL, Disney, or Carnival, has improved greatly in recent years, according to others on this board, and reviewers in general. In short, other parents have been pleased with the children's programs on Holland America. Just don't expect huge numbers of teens and children.

We are also planning to take our girls on a 14-day HAL cruise this Christmas/New Year's, departing from Fort Lauderdale. I promise to report here faithfully about our family's experience with Club HAL, and our experience in general while on board.

I do not know what your sailing out of New York on Noordam will be like, but I'm assuming you are going during your children's spring break? If so, there should be some other youngsters on board. Bon Voyage:)

We are booked on the Crown Princess out of PR for that 3/31 date with our two children. I was thinking of switching to the Noordam after reading sone of the bad reviews regarding extra charges, plumbing and AC on the Crown. I would be interested to know how you liked the Crown. I sailed HAL before without children and it was my favorite line before having children. On the NoordamI would be concerned about 2 days at sea if the Club HAL is boring. My children loved the Princess Program for kids. Any advice??

Middleagedmom: I will be curious to hear about your cruise & how the kids enjoyed it...Have a wonderful time!!!

Boatingmom: I have been reading all the poor reviews...while I feel bad for them I didn't experience anything they are talking about. My kids are 16, 14, & 7 & all of them equally had an AMAZING time...they loved the ship, kids programs & all the friends they made!! My husband loved the food & he's all about fine dining, everything was fresh with plenty of variety! Ship was beautiful, crew were very friendly & I'm still having a hard time mentally being off the ship. (good thing I have CC to obsess about cruises...lol) I don't want to repeat the same ship until I run out, (we don't fly, so I am limited) now I'm debating between RCI'S Explorer or Hal...I was on the Voyager last year & LOVED it, if I have to compare & to me there is no bad cruise, I think RCI had more & fun activities (& I'm talking about grown-ups) than Princess, I heard that Hal is geared to an older crowd & I do like all the activities to have lot's of excitement!! Have you ever been on RCI? I have never experienced a crew like this before, even the buffet waiters sing to you, everyone just had that extra touch, they were all hysterical & I think that makes a difference too! Their Quest & newlywed game is one like no other! But that was off subject, just had to add that in!

Archived