Legend - how many formal, smart casual, & casual nights?

D4

Formal, smart casual, and casual nights -- how many are there of each type on the Legend (Mexican Riviera route)? I want to know the distribution, so we know what to pack. I can't find this info in the RCCL brochure, website, or e-docs.

This is our 10th cruise, so I don't need each type of dress defined or to hear about people dressing inappropriately -- there are enough threads like that on here.

Thanks!

Thanks for the details, Cruisldy. You're lucky to live in San Diego and have the port right there. We're in Illinois, so we always have to fly to cruise.

We're flying in 2 days early and staying a night after. We're going to the zoo one day and haven't decided about the other days. San Diego sounds like a great city with a wonderful climate.

Yes D4, I have lived here, off and on for 37 years, since I was 19, and a new Navy bride and since my husband (2nd) took early retirement from LMT, Northern CA and promised me that we settle in San Diego, which happened 5 years ago, this month, I have no plans to move from this area ever.

We only live 20 minutes from the pier, which makes it very nice. Up until 6 years ago however our cruise pier was so underutilized and I'm just glad that the city saw the error of their ways and decided to start marketing cruise lines in earnest. The pier is so close to all services, the airport and DT.

We are researching a back to back, Panama Canal cruise at the moment, leaving from SD and returning to SD. I'm a little nervous at 28 days, as the longest we have ever done is 12 days, but my husband says we only come this way once and I have always told my kids not to look at us for any inheritance, as we are spending it.

28 days on a cruise ship! If you've got the time, the money, and your health, I say go for it. You only live once.

12 days is also the longest cruise we've done, but we're still working, so longer than 2 weeks isn't a possibility for us at this time.

D4 - We were on the 6/13 right after Sheila. We had 2 Formal Nights and 5 Casual Nights. The only thing that I saw tabbed as Smart Casual was the Captain's Reception, which we missed.

I love San Diego. Plan some time to walk down in Seaport Village and the Gaslamp Quarter/Horton Plaza. Both fun for shopping. The USS Midway is now down at the pier as a museum. Amazing! We didn't take the tour, but it looked great!

Sheila - DO IT!!!! I can live vacariously thru you!!

Suziehmkr: Thanks for mentioning the USS Midway. I've wanted to see an aircraft carrier for years! I checked out their website. I'm planning to go on it the day our cruise debarks since we're in San Diego for an extra night.

My husband and teens wanted to go to Tiajuana (Who knows why?) and I have no desire to go there. Any suggestions on which public transportation they should take to Tiajuana? We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn on the Bay right by the cruise pier. (I'm getting a permission form notarized for my husband to take the 16 year old into Mexico without me.) Why anybody would want to go to Tiajuana after Caba san Lucas is beyond me!

D4,

Right behind your hotel is the San Diego Trolly station. If your menfolk want adventure, have them take it to the border station of San Ysidro and walk across the border and from there it is about a 10 minute walk to DT TJ. Or once across the border they can take the taxi ride of their life, to town. It has been so many years since I have done this, I don't know the price of the taxi from the border, but I'm sure it's only like $5 or so.

Hey, I agree with you wholeheartedly, why on earth anyone would want to go to a border town is beside me, especially since having just come from the "real" Mexico. But then I have lived here many years and after having been there a few times, decided I haven't lost anything down there, so don't need to see it again. TJ, that is.

Archived