St Louis to Fort Lauderdale

Whimsy

Yesterday when I checked prices for flights the tickets for 2 people on AA was $600. This morning I checked again and for 2 people they were $357.20. Needless to say I have booked my tickets! The tickets were cheaper on AA than SW.

Just wanted to pass this on if it can help anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday when I checked prices for flights the tickets for 2 people on AA was $600. This morning I checked again and for 2 people they were $357.20. Needless to say I have booked my tickets! The tickets were cheaper on AA than SW.

Just wanted to pass this on if it can help anyone else.

Got my $357.20 tickets for 9-29 out of STL also for a Caribbean Princess cruise on 9-30. That is an unbelieveable price. I know it is still hurricane season and all which is why it is so cheap,, but that it why you buy the insurance !!!!

Glad you both got some good rates. I need 04/07 but in checking daily, saw this sale on AA's web site.

My fare is 961!!!!! for two. At this point, I'd be happy to see 600 for the pair! I know I'm looking for high spring break time but come on!

Hopefully will decrease later on. If folks are expected to pay the prices I'm seeing, travel will be coming to a screeching halt!

No kidding, I am looking for March 2007 from central Illinois to FLL.

I have several options, chicago,st.louis,indy and local airports. Still nothing under 300.00 per person.

I am waiting! AirTran is not listed yet. Keep you fingers crossed for me!:cool:

No kidding, I am looking for March 2007 from central Illinois to FLL.

I have several options, chicago,st.louis,indy and local airports. Still nothing under 300.00 per person.

I am waiting! AirTran is not listed yet. Keep you fingers crossed for me!:cool:

March is spring break for most colleges. Expect it to be expensive and book early for the best deal. You might try Priceline if your times are flexible.

I have not booked many flights so I don't claim to have much experience but someone told me that if you wait until SW opens their dates to when you want a flight then AA will lower thier prices. I don't know if that works or not all the time but it did in this case. I also checked on prices that were in July and such while I was waiting for the dates to open and the rates were the same as what I got my tickets for, so who knows. I am just happy I was able to get them for that price. I did keep checking AA and kept looking at the seat availability while I was waiting for prices to go down. If it looked like the seats were filling fast then I was going to bite the bullet and book but there were plenty of seats when I did book. The last time I checked SW they still were alot higher than AA.

I now have some friends who need to go to New Orleans from St. Louis in November and wow, those tickets are high! Over $800 for 2 tickets! They need 4 and they are not happy campers right now.

I hope you all are able to find reasonable flight prices!

We are from St. Louis also and are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on March 10th. Lowest price I have seen so far is $280 per person plus taxes which comes to $311. Last year we sailed the same week out of Miami and sometime in Aug I found two direct flights and paid $260pp. I will keep checking daily as we have time. I know we will pay more just because it is spring break time. I can also wait for SW to come out with their airfares but here is our problem. They usually only post their fares through the 10th of the month. Well we are leaving March 10th but not coming back until March 18th so I would have to wait another whole month to get the fare for a March 18th return.

Glad you got the airfare you wanted Whimsy! I will keep trying.

I can also wait for SW to come out with their airfares but here is our problem. They usually only post their fares through the 10th of the month. Well we are leaving March 10th but not coming back until March 18th so I would have to wait another whole month to get the fare for a March 18th return.

Glad you got the airfare you wanted Whimsy! I will keep trying.

When I was keeping an eye on SW and needed tickets to return on the 28th SW open their dates up to the 27th. Talk about a long wait until the next time they opened dates! :eek: But in the end it all worked out.

mdwstcruiser-you say you are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, have you checked out the hotel thread about being able to book the Renaissance hotel on Hotwire at a great price? If you need a precruise hotel this one sounds wonderful and the price is awesome for the quality of the hotel.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=387245

For those of you from STL chk out springfield Il. Sometimes you can get into FLL for an inexpensive price, also to MIA. We have friends that have flown there and saved. Also check Mid America airport to see if anything goes to MIA or FLL. They hopefully will expand ther flights to Florida.

Good Luck

Whimsy - thanks for the info about the Renaissance. We are traveling with some people from Illinois that are fellow CC members that we met on a previous cruise and they had booked us all with their military discount at another hotel for $99 a night. Now the Renaissance is a much better hotel than the one we are staying at - I have emailed her and asked if she wanted to change or just keep what we have but that is a great price. I looked it up and with taxes and fees they were asking $131 for the night we were looking at.

There are even good deals flying out of Kansas City but since we are leaving March 9th I always still worry about the "winter weather factor" and prefer to not have to drive any farther than to the airport here. We still have a lot of time so I will keep checking every day. I did check Midwest Airport but I didn't find anything. Thanks for the help!

Archived