Princess wheelchair boarding

laginog

Does anyone know how Princess handles the wheelchair boarding in Fort Lauderdale? I don't have my own wheelchair but I wear braces on my legs and I have a real hard time with ramps and some steps. They're supposed to have a wheelchair waiting for me at embarkation. Does Princess have Priority boarding like RCI does for handicapped people or will they have the wheelchair pusher wait with us for the rest of the embarkation process? If they do have priority boarding, we have a party of 8 (5 adults and 3 kids) in 3 different cabins.

Will they allow us all to stay together? The others in our group are all first time cruisers and are very nervous about "getting away" from us "seasoned" cruisers. Thanks for any help!!

I have boarded in FLL. They have a separate line for the disalbed that is quicker then other lines. If you have that many in the party they will not allow you to board together. Usually, one member plus the disabled person is allowed.

When you arrive at the pier have a member of your party go and request the assistance wheel chair. They will come and get you. If you wish to stay with family you can. Go as a group for the first photo then they will take you to where they will board you. You will use a different gangway. All other members will continue up the gangway for them. You can meet at the Purseres desk then go your way from there.

I hope you have arranged for your own wheelchair as Princess does not loan their's out for shore ex. Also if they require the wheelchair for someone else who was injuried while on board you will lose it.

If you have your own at home you can take it as it does not count as bagage.

Archived