Qvc Chartered Msc Opera 1/7/07 To 1/14/07

Pennacruiser

Hi, I was one of the unlucky people to go on the QVC cruise. When I arrived it took everybody at least 4 hours to board. No food or water was given to us. The cabin wasn't ready for guests and my sister and I finally got upstairs to the buffet at 5:00 pm. All that was there was dried up food scraps. Let me tell you the food remained horrible for the entire cruise. The crew spoke little english and the ship was not handicapped accessible. I have a letter to QVC but waiting for a reply. Why they chose this ship they must have been out of their mind. I've cruised many times and this was by far the worst cruise I have ever been on. Be glad you didn't go. As for Mr. Henry, nice guy, but he bit off more than he could chew. I heard from some people after the cruise that they almost missed their flights going home. I actually wanted to leave the ship when we arrived in Puerto Rico.

Hi, I was one of the unlucky people to go on the QVC cruise. When I arrived it took everybody at least 4 hours to board. No food or water was given to us. The cabin wasn't ready for guests and my sister and I finally got upstairs to the buffet at 5:00 pm. All that was there was dried up food scraps. Let me tell you the food remained horrible for the entire cruise. The crew spoke little english and the ship was not handicapped accessible. I have a letter to QVC but waiting for a reply. Why they chose this ship they must have been out of their mind. I've cruised many times and this was by far the worst cruise I have ever been on. Be glad you didn't go. As for Mr. Henry, nice guy, but he bit off more than he could chew. I heard from some people after the cruise that they almost missed their flights going home. I actually wanted to leave the ship when we arrived in Puerto Rico.

Hi, yes I was also on the cruise. I did give a review with my experiences of the cruise on another thread, but all in all we really did have a good time. Some of the food I wasn't happy with, but some I was. We just made the best of everything. I have read all the threads on the QVC forum and it was a shame that some of the people had the experiences that they did, but luckily I was not one of them. As far as some of the people missing their flights, that was really their fault. MSC did tell us not to book any flights before 1:00 pm because they couldn't guarantee that we would make it. I made it a point to ask that question when booking our cruise.

I must agree that embarkation and disembarkation was not pleasant at all, ESPECIALLY embarkation, but luckily we were waiting inside with seats and they finally did supply water and juice for us an hour or so before we boarded AND we were one of the first to board, so it wasn't as bad for us as the people that were left outside in the heat with no seats. I also think that QVC fell short with their "surprises" for everyone. I have to say that we did have fun, meet a lot of great people, had great excursions (luckily they weren't cancelled), and made the best of all the negatives. One thing I will say, I won't be cruising on MSC again and my next trip will be an all inclusive so I can get some real snorkeling and beach time in. Sorry it didn't go well for you.

Barb

event.png

I too am so sorry for everyone who had a misarable time on the Cruise, Like so many others I will not cruise with MSC again either, but like I said before, I met some really Great people and made new friendships in which I will hold dearly for the rest of my life. I did not enjoy the line for embarktation myself but Have stood in a long line at Disneyland (at least that long) to go on some 5 minute ride, go figure....Yes, some things should have been handled differently I agree, (probably most things) But all in all, I had a good time and cherish the friendships I made...Sue :D

Archived