Norwegian Dawn Homeport

ICRE1629

What is the homeport of the Norwegian Dawn? I've noticed that it isn't painted on the back on the ship like most ships. If they did paint the homeport on the back, what would it say? Nassau maybe? The ship is registered in the Bahamas.

The flagged town? Is that the town where the ship is registered?

I never noticed the small writing on the stern of the Dawn. I would think that they would write it larger. Like how Princess does it on there ships for instance.

The flagged town? Is that the town where the ship is registered? I never noticed the small writing on the stern of the Dawn. I would think that they would write it larger. Like how Princess does it on there ships for instance.

Yes, it is the capital city to the country where it's registered.

The Pride ships for NCLA have Honolulu painted on their stern, again in relatively small print.

NCL is NOT Carnival, Princess or Cunard, and have the right to paint the names as they wish. Just because one line does a thing a certain way, doesn't mean all should. I think it's a great thing for there to be differences between the lines.

The Dawn, like the rest of the NCL International fleet are "flagged" under foriegn countries. (mostly the Bahamas) The only active cruise ships in the world that are flagged to the United States are the Pride of America, Pride of Aloha and Pride of Hawaii.

Since a ship must meet the laws of the country they are flagged to, most ships are not flagged American. As a result they are bound by the Jones Act and forced to dock at a foreign port on all voyages. If they were flagged American, then, like the Pride ships they would have to meet U.S. Coast Guard regulations, pay U.S. wages and overtime and be subject to inspection by the FDA.

The Dawn (and the Star too, I believe) are flagged to Nassau, although she is currently sailing out of New York.

Archived