QE2 & Maui & Other questions

bobby1119

Does anyone know exactly where in Lahain tenders come ashore when the ship calls in at Maui?

Also, is there easy access (taxi or public transport) to Queen Mary in Long Beach from where QE2 docks in LA (San Pedro?). In San Franscisco, does the ship dock near the Embarcadero/Fisherman's Wharf area?

Thanks for the information.

I'll be interested in the answers to the Maui and LA/Long Beach questions. As far as SF is concerned, the ships generally use pier 35 at the Embarcadero. Of course (unlike LA in general), public transportation in SF is relatively inexpensive, frequent, and easy to use.

Looking forward to meeting up with you and the other WC folks when I join in LA.

Dave.

The last time QE2 was scheduled to stop in Lahaina (World Cruise 2005) we "stopped" briefly, the Captain (McNaught) told us that it was too rough for the tenders, so we sailed on to Tahiti. (I did not think the sea was rough at all).

I think that whether or not the QE2 actually stops at Lahaina is a hit or miss affair.

Louise

I'll be interested in the answers to the Maui and LA/Long Beach questions. As far as SF is concerned, the ships generally use pier 35 at the Embarcadero. Of course (unlike LA in general), public transportation in SF is relatively inexpensive, frequent, and easy to use.

Looking forward to meeting up with you and the other WC folks when I join in LA.

Dave.

DDR, when you join in LA, how long will you be on? Looking forward also to meeting you and other cruise critic members aboard. My only questions is how do cruise critic people like us meet? Is a spot designated? We should figure out a way before departing. Anyway, from the other posts the Maui call seems dicey. Stay in touch and keep counting down those days!

See you in LA,

Bobby

Bobby:

I'll be aboard for the remainder of the World Cruise. I took a quick look at the LA and Long Beach port web sites: San Pedro appears to be only about 8 miles from the QM in Long Beach (bus #142 or cheap cab ride).

Since I have not been on the QE2, I know of no place to recommend to meet. You know the ship, so perhaps you can suggest a place/time.

Dave.

Bobby:

I'll be aboard for the remainder of the World Cruise. I took a quick look at the LA and Long Beach port web sites: San Pedro appears to be only about 8 miles from the QM in Long Beach (bus #142 or cheap cab ride).

Since I have not been on the QE2, I know of no place to recommend to meet. You know the ship, so perhaps you can suggest a place/time.

Dave.

I am going to suggest the Yacht Club bar right after the 10 pm sailing. Others who are following this thread, any ideas, suggestions since we all get on at different points. What we can also do is get listed in the Daily Program right after San Francisco... most of us will be aboard by then. Let me know what you think, Dave et al.

Looking forward to meeting you, ddr, and all others and

A cruise which promises to make history!

Bobby

Archived