DESTINY!!! Splendid cruise, Any Questions?..

Did you find many people on the ship to speak spanish since you left from San Juan and were announcements made in both english and spanish? Thanks.

In Puerto Rico they speak english and spanish interchangely. Most all announcements were in english, however things like muster and important announcements are made in spanish as well, (capt announcements, muster, that was about it)

Arrived in to St. Thomas early. It was raining there, not heavy and not light. We're up early enough to watch the ship pull in before it was raining. One of the birds with black heads follow the ship in. DO NOT feed the birds unless you want them to dive bomb ur balcony. My friends didnt heed this warning. At about 730 am we were the first ones off the ship, everyone else was still a sleep from last nights party. It was still raining but we didnt worry as we would not be spending anytime on St Thomas, we took a taxi over to Red Hook, which took all of 10-15 minutes to catch a ferry to Cruz Bay, St John. The ride my ferry took about 25 minutes, it was a little ruff. When we arrive the sky had cleared up so we stopped for some coffee and waited about 40 minutes for the VITRAN. It is like a little shuttle bus that for $1 pp, took us to the far east side of the island. We elected to go there to hike out to a point called Ram's head. I can not remember the little bay it was in.

The hike up to Ram's Head took about 45 minutes up and 30 minutes down. It crosses two bay along the hike, one with white sand beaches and fishing pelicans, on the other side of the trail are dark blue rocks for a beach, where you can see a little trail has been attempted to keep you on the path. We swam there for a good 40 minutes or so before we continued our hike. From Ram's Head we walked down the road, (the bus stops at this point). We walked maybe another 30 inutes or so, along a dirt road to make it to a place called VIERS (Virgin Island Enviornmental Research Station). VIERS is like a camp with bungalows, people from around the world come to work here to study nature. The have limited electricty there, they use solar panels and collect rain warter to run what they need. Everything here is supported by grants. Ill provide a web address as soon as I find it for VIERS.

My friend who had gone to camp there 12 years earlier in middle school had arranged for a tour of the camp and a ride back. We made the last ferry back to St Thomas to catch the ship with about 2 minutes to spare. As a reminder, bring a hair tie or a hat, and hold on to your things if taking cab in St John, most are pick up trucks with a canopy and a bench in the back. We made it back to St Thomas in time to beat the rush from the from the shops from those shopping. So far a gorgeous end to the day as we left St Thomas, steaming away toward Dominica!:p

FromHereToThere-

What time was the ferry you caught back to Red Hook from St. John? I'm trying to plan out my day on St. John and based on your post, think that we should probably catch the one that leaves just before this one. You said you felt rushed and since we are traveling with 2 children, the extra time alotted for travel is probably the wisest way for us to go.

FromHereToThere-

What time was the ferry you caught back to Red Hook from St. John? I'm trying to plan out my day on St. John and based on your post, think that we should probably catch the one that leaves just before this one. You said you felt rushed and since we are traveling with 2 children, the extra time alotted for travel is probably the wisest way for us to go.

I believe we caught the 2:45, ill get specifics for you. Do remember we went to the far east side of the island, most people from the cruise ship will go to trunk or cinnamon bay. It is much closer to the ferry terminal. You can look up where we were, we were near lamashur Bay.

Did you feel that taking that ferry was cutting it close, or was it just getting back to the ferry from where you were on the island that made it tricky? Did you catch the ferry back to Red Hook or the other one?

Thanks for the info. We leave next week.

Did you feel that taking that ferry was cutting it close, or was it just getting back to the ferry from where you were on the island that made it tricky? Did you catch the ferry back to Red Hook or the other one?

Thanks for the info. We leave next week.

It was getting to the ferry from where we were that was cutting it close. We were nearly 45minutes away. The ferrys themselves are very good with keeping on a schedule. We caught the ferry to Red Hook, then a cab back to the pier was $10pp.

• 4 weeks later...
It was getting to the ferry from where we were that was cutting it close. We were nearly 45minutes away. The ferrys themselves are very good with keeping on a schedule. We caught the ferry to Red Hook, then a cab back to the pier was $10pp.
hi there i will be taking the cruise on sept 24th we also booked room 8339 if possible can you email me some pictures of the room thanxs so much srambo@tampabay.rr.com jim

Archived