Ecstasy 06/28/04 sailing

kajsb

I just sailed the Ecstasy on 06/28/04 as an early celebration for my mother's 80th birthday. We had a wonderful and relaxing time. She is an older lady, but beautiful and elegant (both the ship and my mother). :D I have submitted a short review to cruise critic which I hope they will post soon. Having taken two cruises in one month, I am now burnt out on writing cruise reviews :) but NOT cruising. :D Here are some links to view our pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/album/158982045CrsOcR

http://community.webshots.com/album/159084342YZZJFW

If anyone has any specific questions on the Ecstasy, please post them or e-mail me directly. I would be happy to try to answer all questions.

Nora,

Keep reading cruise critic and soak up all the information that you can. It's amazing all the tips that you will find. The Ecstasy is a great ship and a good one to start out on for your first cruise.

Dave,

Yes, the category 11 cabins do have a fridge. I still take my ice chest to stock up on all our soda and water for the trip and have the cabin steward take care of the ice.

Thanks for the pictures. We sailed the Ecstacy May 03 and loved it. Unfortunately we have been away from Carnival since then - but we are coming back!!!

Thinking about doing this cruise again while we are in California next year.

Looks like you and your Mom had a great time. After seeing your cabin, I am thinking about spending the extra money to get a larger cabin like yours. I don't think that we will have enough room for my Mom (and her walker), my sister and I in the little inside cabin I have booked.

Irene

I think the sq ft of the cabins are the same. But, when you have the balcony, it does seem to add on so much space. I guess it's just that extra breathing room. I've found for me that a balcony is a necessity.

I have cabin M92 booked now, which is only 186 sq.ft. The booking agent said it was handicap accessible, but I am afraid it will be way too small for 3 people. Some people on the boards said that they made the bathroom bigger at the expense of the cabin. I checked into the cabin you and your mother stayed in, V7, and it is 220 sq. ft. with a fold out sofa. I am thinking that I may pay the extra money and get a similar room. From your pictures it looks slightly roomier and we won't have to use a roll-away bed if the sofa folds out.

I personally asked the a purser on the Ecstasy about the size of a handicapped room and they did confirm that the living area of the cabin is a little smaller because the bathroom is bigger.

I had been told before that the cabins on the Verandah deck (V) were 185 sq ft. Even if the room is not actually bigger, I feel that with the balcony, it seems bigger. When one person was getting ready, the other would go outside and relax on the balcony so you did have a little space while getting ready. The only way to get a room that is a lot bigger would be to go for a category 12 suite. The category 11 is a demi-suite.

Archived