How soon before sailing can someone book?

bangzoom6877

Hi, we are leaving on Saturday on the Spirit, and my sister tried to add someone in, but the TA said the ship is booked to capacity. Is this definitely true if it is showing up as such, or could it be that it's too late to make a reservation? They would probably be adding the person into a cabin equipped for 3 that currently only has 2 passengers in it. Is it just too late? How long before sailing do you have to book?

Thanks,

Bonnie

Hi, we are leaving on Saturday on the Spirit, and my sister tried to add someone in, but the TA said the ship is booked to capacity. Is this definitely true if it is showing up as such, or could it be that it's too late to make a reservation? They would probably be adding the person into a cabin equipped for 3 that currently only has 2 passengers in it. Is it just too late? How long before sailing do you have to book?

Thanks,

Bonnie

Each ship has a rated capacity. There will always be some empty bunks as the cabins are configured that way as sometimes there are more families and sometimes more couples, but they still can't go over the capacity. Everyone must have a spot on a life boat. So yes, capacity can be reached with quads only having two in them.

I believe there is also a cut off when they can take new bookings as they must supply the government with a complete list of passengers so far before sailing. I don't know how far out that is.

what retired is saying is completely true: The cut off is about 72 hours or more prior to sailing plus just because it looks like there are still room to add guests this doesn't mean there is. You can have 50 cabins that will hold 4 people but not all 50 all alllowed to take the extra persons. NMNita

Archived