Celebrity Cancelled Our Cruise !

Tide Pride

as I have gotten my TA into it & she is laughing at the posts I read to her. She hasn't gotten a call on the trip from anyone she has put on it but she called her party there to inquire what she is to tell her " Suite Folks ".

The response she sent me is:

Due to a change in the dry-dock schedule. The 4/13/07 cruise is now the transatlantic. Your friend needs to call their travel agent and they will have to switch to another caribbean cruise. So another tale being told............ Maybe we can sell it to ABC for a weekly serial & be milionaires!

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Macop !

Well, I suppose one can say.... never say never :). Anything is possible. Personally, I would love to see Summit in the Caribbean this Summer. I would be one of the first to book her, if she was sailing out of South Florida. However, I am not holding my breath on it happening. If it does, I will tip my cap to you. We will see.[/quote]

My only previous experience with Celebrity involved a cancelled and re-scheduled cruise. We were booked on the Infinity's second voyage, from Ensenada to Hawaii on 2/17/01 and the ship was delayed a month. We were re-booked on the now 3/17/01 sailing, we got half off our cruise, and were upgraded from inside to BALCONIES! This was by far the cheapest cruise (11 days, less than $700 I believe) that I have ever been on. Our airfare was more! So we were very happy with how Celebrity handled it. I think our TA did a great job too, and she may have gotten us the balconies. It was a great cruise.

Please be advised the dry dock scheduled for September 1, 2007 through September 20, 2007 has been cancelled and rescheduled for Celebrity Cruises - Constellation. As a result of this, the following sailings were affected and are now cancelled:

Ship
Date
Wkdy
Embark
Disemb.
Nights
Description

CS
13-Apr-07
Fri
FLL
FLL
Ultimate Caribbean

CS
23-Apr-07
Mon
FLL
DOV
Eastbound Transatlantic

CS
5-May-07
Sat
DOV
DOV
Scandinavia & Russia

CS
20-Sep-07
Thu
STH
BYE
Westbound Transatlantic

Guests holding reservations on CS 04/13/07 10 - Night Ultimate Caribbean Sailing (FLL/FLL):
· Guests currently booked with names and money in-house may move to:

♦ Constellation 10/11-Night Caribbean Cruise between 10/27/06 and 04/02/07

♦ Zenith 10/11 - Night Caribbean Cruise on 03/23/07 or 04/02/07

♦ Galaxy 10/11 - Night Caribbean Cruise between 01/02/07 and 03/26/07

· In like accommodations, at the protected or lowest available rate.

Additional Compensation:

· Onboard credits will be offered to all guests as follows:

$200 per stateroom On Board Credit for categories inside, outside and balcony

$400 per stateroom On Board Credit for categories suites

· Cruise only guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $100 per person, a faxed copy of the original airline receipt must be provided for reimbursement. Guests requesting air reimbursement may fax proof of change fee to 800-886-6485.

· A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment, if guests choose not to rebook. Travel agency commission will not be protected on cancelled bookings.

The onboard credit is offered to all individuals moving to a suggested sailing. The onboard credit is applicable to all individual bookings and to any group allocated staterooms or guarantees with names and deposits. Third and fourth guests in a stateroom are not eligible for onboard credits.

We used to love Celebrity and sailed only with them for some years. We have always had problems with the home office but once we got on ship all was fine. The office does not seem to communicate with each other and no one ever knows what the real story is. We were on the ill fated Millie last fall from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale cutting the cruise short and missing several important (to us) ports. None of us knew until a week before the start of the cruise and some were already in Barcelona. Too bad....The ships are great.

Archived