HELP-Transportation To Brooklyn Cruise Port

bunky144

Would like to know my options for getting from Newark Airport to the Brooklyn Cruise Port, the web sites for Super Shuttle are making me Crazy and I cannot seem to get a price, the town cars are very expensive at $85 one way, would sure appreciate any suggestions, taxi prices etc. We will be staying at an airport hotel but can use the hotel shuttle to get to the airport if necessary. Thank you in advance for your assistance! Have a Great Day!

Would like to know my options for getting from Newark Airport to the Brooklyn Cruise Port, the web sites for Super Shuttle are making me Crazy and I cannot seem to get a price, the town cars are very expensive at $85 one way, would sure appreciate any suggestions, taxi prices etc. We will be staying at an airport hotel but can use the hotel shuttle to get to the airport if necessary. Thank you in advance for your assistance! Have a Great Day!

try one of the local Brooklyn Heights one I use Arecibo 718 683 6465. I use them and they are as inexpensive as I have seen. Others have said Promenade. It should be in the $60.00 range.....no body will be much cheaper than that. You can take the airtrain to NJ Transit and then the train to Penn station(new york) but for two that will run 20.00 and then you will have to take a cab ride to brooklyn for about $30.00 more....There is a bus to the Bus terminal at 40th street and 7th avenue--- the cab will still be about $30.00 from there to the terminal...

Thank you, would I be smarter to fly into La Guardia? How much would it cost to go from there to the Brooklyn Cruise Port Please.

LGA to cruise terminal by Cab about $30.00....it all depends on the difference in airfare. LGA is the closest at about 12 miles.

We were in a hotel in Mid town and took a cab.....boy, was that a mistake. The cabbie didn't know how to get to the port - he drove around the block where our hotel was and ran up the charges on the meter - I finally said, that is the Hyatt we just checked out of - do you know how to get to the port?

He asked us if we had a cell phone to call someone to find out directions - all the time the meter was running.

I had some directions buried in my luggage - I dug those out and he finally made it there after jacking up our bill by stalling for time.

He made no bones about telling us there will not be a cab in Brooklyn to take us back to JFK when we dock - "cabs don't come here". He was a grumpy thing and was not tooo happy with the very small tip he received - he should have gotten nothing, since he did nothing. The bellman at the hotel put our luggage in the cab, all he did was drive and stall for time....

So carefull - it is a new port, so make sure they know how to get there BEFORE they start the meter!!!

We don't have a disembarktion at NY to compare to since we were on the 7/11 Crown that had the severe list and ended the cruise in Florida.

Good luck....

What if I decide to take the bus from Newark Airport (Olympia Trails) what is the closet stop to get off at and then take a cab to Brooklyn, I am thinking that it might reduce the cost by about by about $25-30 over the town car that want $85-90. Any ideas on the best route?

We were in a hotel in Mid town and took a cab.....boy, was that a mistake. The cabbie didn't know how to get to the port - he drove around the block where our hotel was and ran up the charges on the meter - I finally said, that is the Hyatt we just checked out of - do you know how to get to the port?

He asked us if we had a cell phone to call someone to find out directions - all the time the meter was running.

I had some directions buried in my luggage - I dug those out and he finally made it there after jacking up our bill by stalling for time.

He made no bones about telling us there will not be a cab in Brooklyn to take us back to JFK when we dock - "cabs don't come here". He was a grumpy thing and was not tooo happy with the very small tip he received - he should have gotten nothing, since he did nothing. The bellman at the hotel put our luggage in the cab, all he did was drive and stall for time....

So carefull - it is a new port, so make sure they know how to get there BEFORE they start the meter!!!

We don't have a disembarktion at NY to compare to since we were on the 7/11 Crown that had the severe list and ended the cruise in Florida.

Good luck....

Yes some cab drivers don't know where it is. If you tell them its just behind the brooklyn battery tunnel in Brooklyn that they will know. Most cab drivers don't know anything about Queens, Staten Island or Brooklyn or God forbid they have to go to the Bronx! I live in the area where the port is. 10 years ago you would have a problem getting a cab to come here(its just over the Brooklyn Bridge) now its no longer a problem. I have been down to about 1/2 the ships coming and going. the cabs have been cued up mostly. Yes sometimes there aren't enough(sometimes there aren't enough at grand central station). some cab drivers complain some don't just like the rest of us. BTW how much did it cost you in the end?

What if I decide to take the bus from Newark Airport (Olympia Trails) what is the closet stop to get off at and then take a cab to Brooklyn, I am thinking that it might reduce the cost by about by about $25-30 over the town car that want $85-90. Any ideas on the best route?

Does the bus come to Brooklyn or Manhattan? Get off anywhere in manhattan and you should no problem getting a cab(mostly)...

The bus goes into Manhattan to goes to Lower Manhatten (Wall Street Area)

Midtown West to Penn Station, Grand Central Station and Port Authority, It is $13 p/p. Can you tell me what would be the closest one to exit at and then take the cab to Brooklyn, I think the cab might be $35 or so. That should come to around $60-$65 Total. $35-40 cheaper than the town car quotes. Thank you in advance for your assistance, greatly appreciated!

The bus goes into Manhattan to goes to Lower Manhatten (Wall Street Area)

Midtown West to Penn Station, Grand Central Station and Port Authority, It is $13 p/p. Can you tell me what would be the closest one to exit at and then take the cab to Brooklyn, I think the cab might be $35 or so. That should come to around $60-$65 Total. $35-40 cheaper than the town car quotes. Thank you in advance for your assistance, greatly appreciated!

The closest one is Wall Street which should make the cab under $20.00,,,the other three will all be around the same, $30-35 although I think Penn Station will be the least expensive(its at w33 rd st , GC is at e42 nd street and Port Authority is at w41st street

Archived