RCL Stingray Tour with 2 year old

dawnrae

I was browsing the RCL Stingray Tours in Grand Cayman and it appears that you have to be at least 5 years old. We are a family group of 12 which does include a 2 year old. Has anyone been able to bring a 2 year old on an RCL Stingray Tour? I was also looking at Captain Marvins but I am getting concerned about the tendering problems I have seen mentioned on the Legend of the Seas.

Thanks

Dawnrae

I have a 4 year old and I just tried to book the Stingray excursion through RC but they flagged her age. I just booked the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour through NativeWay after finding this board! I think we'll have a much better time with a smaller group and they do not have a minimum age. We have a 1 1/2 yr old going with us as well. You'll have to tender either way. I wouldn't worry about tendering. If the Captain feels like the water is too rough, they won't tender. If the wind or weather changes while you are there, just be careful. I think those experiences are few and far between and if you take care along with the help of the guides, you'll be fine.

Tendering isn't a problem at all, I found. We were just on Rhapsody. We also did the "rr&rp" tour with NativeWay - excellent choice! I recall that there was one family with two really small children. Mom and Dad just carried them into the water at Stingray City, or took turns waiting on the boat while the other parent went out alone. The water at Stingray City is shallow and it didn't appear anyone was having trouble holding a kiddo. The snorkeling part is another story. Deep water there, of course. I didn't even notice what that family was doing there, but I assume a parent stayed on board while the other snorkeled then traded off. You're in both places long enough to do that and still have fun.

I have to say the water is chest deep on me. With all those stingrays swimming around I would not want to have to deal with my little two year old too.

Bringing a two year old in the water there is probably not a great idea. However, the Dukefamily has a fabulous idea. Just trade off!

I took my kids ages 8 and 10 to the sting ray city tour 6/27/06

and they were scared to death! my pictures prove it. once they

figured out the stingrays wouldnt harm them they warmed up but

didnt want to hold them or touch them.

we booked with captain marvin. you could call them or email to ask if

a 2 yr old is permitted. It is a 2 hr tour and after the stingray sandbar

the snorkel area is in deep waters.

tendering was not a problem. we had to be at capt marvins at 8am

and had no problems getting on a tender to get there on time. the tenders held a lot of

people at one time, they were rows of bench like seats on a boat.

getting back on at 2pm, there was a long line, but it seemed to move fast.

it was very well organized at the tender area in GC.

Archived