Paris shore excursion

We are sailing on the Golden Princess on August 20th and can not decide between the cruise ship's Paris highlights tour or the Paris & Seine River cruise. There is also a third alternative, Paris on your own.

I have never been to Paris and can not decide between the two. Any reviews of any of the tours would be appreciated.

We did a private tour last year from La Havre to Paris with MiniBus tours. Because we found 3 other couples to share the van the cost was about the same as the ship tours and we left earlier than the big cruise ship bus tours and I'm sure we saw more. A young couple that we sat with at dinner did a Paris on your tour and had a good time. They got a ticket for a hop on hop off bus in Paris and made it to several of the places we went to on our private tour. Here is the link for Minibus tours if you want to check them out.

http://www.minibus-tours.com/index.html

I will say that we will need to make a much longer land trip to actually say I have been and seen Paris. We did go to the Eiffel Tower, Place de la Concorde, the Louvre, Notre Dame, Opera Garnier, Montmartre, Champs Elysées and Place Vendome. But we didn't spend a lot of time anywhere except Notre Dame and the Effiet Tower. We got an hour or so free time at the Opera Garnier but part of that was finding something to eat. I really want to go back and spend 3-4 days there so I can actually explore and experience the city.

Have a great next cruise.

We are sailing on the Golden Princess on August 20th and can not decide between the cruise ship's Paris highlights tour or the Paris & Seine River cruise. There is also a third alternative, Paris on your own.

I have never been to Paris and can not decide between the two. Any reviews of any of the tours would be appreciated.

I can't help you with the ship's tours as I only go to Paris and stay(I am off again to Paris this fall),but I would say it would be your comfort level as to doing the ship's tours as either one would be fine or going on your own or by train.I usually would say not to the the Seine River cruise,but a lot of people feel it is a must do ona visit to Paris.It is,but IMHO not just a one day visit.I don't know what the highlights tour cover's,but all the major sights you can cram in would be doable for the day.No matter what you chose it will be fine,and I am sure you will enjoy Paris even if just for a taste of it.Make sure to get a crepe and a glass of wine!!!

Archived