July 18th Westbound

cajun_corgi

We took this trip with one other couple. We had Princess Grill suites. Everything about the crossing was perfect. The seas were smooth, and the ship itself is glorious! We thought the service was just outstanding, and all the staff was very professional. Whatever the problems were during the first year, they have been worked out. The food was excellent in Princess Grill, the evening entertainment was outstanding compared to other cruises we've taken. During the day, there was so much to do that we were interested in, that we had to make choices. We loved the decor of our cabin, and in fact thought the whole ship was beautiful and elegant. We loved gaining an hour every day. We recommend this sailing for anyone who loves ships, and who likes to be very busy, or who wants to do nothing at all. All four or us agreed that this is a very special experience and we feel lucky that we got to do it.

How wonderful that you enjoyed your experience so much!

I've done crossings in Queens Grill twice, but am thinking of PG for next time....any thoughts from your expeience on your stateroom and the PG itself?

We were delighted with our cabin, plenty of closet and storage space, and really plenty of room in general. We had a full size sofa, extra chair, desk and chair, and a nice bar area. There was a walk in closet and 3 other wardrobe closets, so we had space we didnt even Wuse. The bathroom could have used another shelf for cosmetics and toiletries. We had a quite large balcony, with wooden steamer chairs and green cushions. The PG was great, and we noticed that the linens, china, silver and crystal were the same as the QG. I also think the decor was identical. Our food was outstanding, and our waiter told us if there was anything we wanted that was not on our menu, he could get for us, if not at that meal, certainly at the next one. I think the only question is if you want more in cabin room to roam around in. Otherwise, I think we had all the same benefits as QG cat. for 3K less money.

mike14c,

My partner and I did two crossings on the QE2 in QG but two more on QM2 in PG. I was concerned that PG would not be up to the standards of QG but nothing could be further from the truth. The food and service is the same in both grills, excellent, (except for the a la carte menu, altho we were allowed to order off that as well 24 hours in advance.) The stateroom is admittedly smaller than QG but more than sufficient. I liked the layout with a large sofa opposite the bed. The furnishings were lovely and of course there was a large balcony, though we never used it due to the weather and wind on a TA. I wouldn't hesitate to book PG.

Having said all that, imo, QM2 is a ship only for crossings, not cruises. She is way too big for me to cruise on. (We prefer seabourn or silversea for that.) I think you will enjoy a crossing in PG. Bon Voyage!

Archived