Best Alaska Cruisetour?

krazy4kruzin

I'm new t Princess, but having done a little research onAlaska, believe Princess is the way to go if doing Alaska cruise tour. We want to do the land first and then cruise. What's the best itenerary? We're going June '07.

I'm new t Princess, but having done a little research onAlaska, believe Princess is the way to go if doing Alaska cruise tour. We want to do the land first and then cruise. What's the best itenerary? We're going June '07.

I would definitely include Denali National Park in any tour for Alaska. It's also enjoyable to do the train to or from the park (better than busing there). I guess for a first time Alaska trip I recommend the Heart of Alaska tour that Princess offers. If possible I'd add a precruise in Anchorage (or even Fairbanks) if that's where your tour begins and do some sightseeing early. We took a float plane out of our hotel in Anchorage and flew up to Mt. McKinley. The day was clear and gorgeous. You can do this excursion while in Denali but you need to see the park too and there's only so many days ashore. One thing to remember Alaska is huge (and I live in Texas) and it takes forever to drive anywhere!

Excellent idea to cruise after the land tour that way you can relax after all of your sightseeing ashore. Otherwise, you just go home exhausted.

Archived