Motion sickness SeaBand or other brand?

rickwebste

dont use sea bands --have found a daily pill of meclixine/bonine to work just fine --over the counter drug --its really not a seasickness drug -- my wife was given it by an emergency room doctor once when she was suffering from an unbelievable bout of vertigo and we didnt realize what he gave her til we got home - and the vertigo was slowly going away

Hi, I have noticed many brands, types and styles of motion sickness bands. Is any on better than the other. I noticed the brand Seaband uses elastic while others use velcro. Which one do you advise to buy. Thanks

Hi rickwebste,

I do not have advice for you as far as the brand but what I did when we /I were purchasing them (some time ago).....I looked how they were made and how comfortable they were on the wrist. Regardless of brand they only have one function to do.....apply some small amount of pressure on one of the points in your wrist:

Sea Bands or any other similar generic sea bands are elastic material acupressure bands with an attached nugget that make use of the 5,000 year old Chinese art of acupressure to relieve symptoms of sickness. The nugget /pressure point applies pressure to the Nei-Kuan point of the wrist. They are worn on both wrists........... They work for many according to the testimonials written by many people ........one set costs from 5 to 10 dol.......we have two sets ..... and unfortunately they did not and do not work for myself or my wife.

I hope they work for you.

There are also similar electronic bands (Reliefband) that work on the same pressure point by stimulating it with small electrical signal .....they also work for many but not for us either.

Wes

i have always gotten good results from bonine. i take it the morning of the cruise before i even step onboard. then take another one each morning for about 2 days. after that i dont need it any more. i dont get drowsy, i can have a foo-foo drink or beer with no problem ( this is just me and may not be alright for every-one ) and i dont get sick on the ship. i read once that the important thing is too take something before you get on the ship to prevent getting sick in the first place. i hope i have helped you.

Archived