Double Dip

Does anyone have any thoughts on doing a Double Dip cruise? We plan to go next summer, but we are not ready for the 11 night cruise that they are offering next summer on the Magic our children are still young). We really wanted to do a 7 night, but they are not offering it while I am off for the summer. If you have been on a Double Dip- did you enjoy it? Did you get bored since it is the same cruise back to back?? Thanks!!!

A double dip is not 2 cruises back to back it's a special cruise with 2 stops at C.C. The first and last stop. Then it's off to Cozemel and Costa Maya with 2 days at sea. I leave in 6 weeks for ours.

A double dip is not 2 cruises back to back it's a special cruise with 2 stops at C.C. The first and last stop. Then it's off to Cozemel and Costa Maya with 2 days at sea. I leave in 6 weeks for ours.

I thought that the Disney Double Dip was when you went to your rotation restaurant AND Palo in the same evening so that you don't miss anything on the 3-night.

People refer to going to Palo and the dining room as a "Double Dip", but the special cruises that they're doing this year (not next summer in '07 though) also as a Double Dip, or as DCL calls them Two Times the Magic. The Magic is making a stop at Castaway Cay on the first port day and again on the last. We did the first Double Dip that DCL had, in May.

Back to Back is what doing two cruises in a row is called. On the Wonder, it would be a combination of a 3 night cruise and a four night cruise.

On one, the ship would go to Nassau and Castaway Cay, and on the other cruise it would be the same, only with a day at sea after Castaway Cay.

We didn't get bored with the two stops at Castaway Cay, in fact, it gave us time to do everything we'd always wanted to do. And now that they've added a snorkel trip by boat, and the stingrays, there's even more to do.

My personal opinion, I'd get bored with two stops in Nassau, but you have several choices of things to do there, or you could just stay on the ship and enjoy it being half empty.

And yes, next summer, the Magic will be in the Mediterranean all summer.

Archived