Boarding Time

DEERINH2O

Can someone tell me what time I could really board for the Carnival Triumph on 8/5/06. Does Carnival have an inside waiting area? Are they really sticklers for time. I know Princess and RCI I have always been able to board around 11 am?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

No one can tell you exactly what time you can get on the ship because no one knows if there will be any delays caused by customs, immigration or the ship arriving late. They can give you an idea or tell you what time they got on when they cruised. This does not mean you will get on at the same time.

I do think 11am is pushing it somewhat. More likely 12 will be the earliest you can get on with no prior delays.

There is an inside waiting area and it is air conditioned.

We have never seen them board before 11AM but you can surely check in at that time. Most ports start the embarkation process at 11AM. You will have to stand in line to check in, stand in another one to get your S&S cards, stand in another one to get your boarding photo taken, then stand in another one to place your S&S card in the machine to take your photo for boarding. If the lines aren't too long, you should be onboard by noon.

Of the three ports that we have cruised from, Port Canaveral was the quickest, New Orleans took the longest.

Boarding times are always a toss-up, aren't they? Sometimes there are no delays an people are on by noon. Other times there are customs or health checks and/or the ship arrives late into port and boarding doesn't start until one or two. Suddenly the "Lido by noon" review turns into the horrible Carnival "WAIT FROM HELL" review ... ;)

Take a few snacks, some mags, and enjoy your wait, you should be able to arrive around 11am and be on the boat by 12 or 12:30, but problems can always arise, be ready with snacks and a drink and a great attitude.

Archived